This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

text message notifications not coming through after iOS 13 update

Just updated my software to iOS 13.0 and now my FR635 will not alert me of text notifications. When I receive a text my FR635 does not buzz or even show that I have a notification. When I receive notifications from other apps (twitter, groupme, etc) my FR635 will not buzz but with show them on my notifications widget. The only thing my FR635 will do still is buzz for incoming calls. 

I saw other people with similar problems and tried going to settings -> notifications -> connect -> show previews -> always, but this did nothing for me. I still do not get notifications for texts at all or any vibrations for all other notifications (besides phone calls). I have phone notification alerts set to vibration for both during an activity and not during an activity through the Garmin app.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Someone said it above. Fixing the message settings will only work if you go to Bluetooth—>click the settings icon to the right of your Garmin device—>Share System Notifications. 

When I upgraded to IOS 13, this somehow got set to the off position. Turn it on and as long as you can see messages on your phone’s lock screen, you’ll see them on your watch. 

• Hi Blake at Garmin.  Your suggestion is that everyone who purchased your watches and spent a lot of money on them, like me, needs to make a request to Apple to correct this issue.  I think Garmin are looking at this wrong.  Garmin - you need to rectify this.  Your watches rely on iPhones and need to keep up to date with the iPhone movements.  Garmin - you should be complaining to Apple on behalf of your thousands of customers who make your company exist. You get the changes made.  We are just small voices.  You are the company who needs this to work properly again.  Not us - we are the customers who purchased your products with a function that is important to us. As such you need to work with your Garmin software to make this work again or contact Apple as a large company and get it fixed ASAP.  We in this forum are clearly saying we don’t want previews on in any form - just like we had a week ago.  And still want the notifications coming through to our watches like a week ago.  Please fix Garmin.  

• This still does not fix the problem that no notifications buzz my watch anymore.

• Seriously I have a vivoactive HR and I have tried all these fixes and nothing. I am seriously considering returning my garmin to get an Apple Watch. 

• Yes same here is a Garmin 935. I Akbar tried all the suggested fixes pled delete and reinstall app, remove device and add it again. I think it’s a iOS bug as it was working pre ios13. 
    move updated to ios13.1 and also updated Garmin connect app, but same as you guys, not text or mail notifications. 

probably a security feature apple has added as it’s the native apple apps that don’t work. 

• I tried these workarounds but still only getting notifications of calls and nothing else. On Fenix 5 Plus.

• Hi Blake! Unfortunately that fix doesn’t work for me, and now since the new ios13.1 update, my phone is having a hard time even connecting to my watch 

While I totally agree we need to take this up with Apple ALSO, But am hoping you at garmin can help! This has been so frustrating. 

• If you still aren't seeing notifications after changing your Preview settings please power cycle your phone and Garmin before trying again. I know this is a basic troubleshooting step but it has resolved this for users in our testing. If you're still not receiving notifications, this is an escalated issue that we are investigating. 

• Hi Blake, power cycled both watch and iPhone. Preview settings are set to always. Still only getting notifications of calls. Nothing else