This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Steps not syncing properly to Connect app

Pretty much as the title says, my watch is showing total steps for the day and the app is showing a few thousand less when I sync. It’s been happening last few days, and unless I can complete a 5k in less than 2000 steps im pretty sure its not right?

I have tried reinstalling the app on my phone but to no avail, anyone any ideas?
  • I solved on my Garmin 920xt by deleting all downloaded watch faces (even if not using them) and the steps started correctly syncing. No issues for 3 or so months. I have since upgraded to forerunner 945 with no issues to report. 

• Has anyone found a solution to this? seems to be a problem for a lot of people? 

• I deleted all downloaded watch faces (even if using default) and that worked for me. 

• Thanks, but i don't have any downloaded watch faces to delete 

• I have had the problem for a long time but finally found out what went wrong. My phone time was not synced with the network and was 3 minutes off compared to the timezone garmin connect was in. Therefore it synced but it seems the last 3 minutes were sort off overwritten. When syncing more often the more out of sync I was 

•  Hi there!!!!!!! I have the same problem! i swear this didnt happen before but I am pissed off. Everynight before I go to bed I take a picture of my watch, sync it a few times to my phone, and then I screenshot the steps and the step details. My Steps details are always off... worse so far, off b 1500 steps.

The other day I called Garmin and told them. They told me to reset my watch. Did that, one week later the issue is still Occurring. I have emailed them screenshots, and even emailed their development team. I have not heard anything back.

So I'm just going to spam them everyday on their facebook and post a collage of how inconsistent their app is. I am pretty sure its not the watch after seeing pictures from this post, I encourage you to do the same and make them listen to you. 

• It took me some time but what happend was that my phone was not in sync with the phone network time, i.e it was off for 3 minutes, the result was that the more frequent I synced the more steps I lost as it was overwritten in the cloud.

• I have changed the setting of my phone to use the date and time of my phone network. I will keep you updated. I'll have to test it tomorrow as its 1030pm here. But so far not change on the steps. I'm still 500 steps off.

• Same with my Vivofit 4. It’s dropped almost 4K steps and also over 300 resting calories on one day of my 4 day sync. The syncing issue has ruining my daily streak and I’m absolutely gutted!