This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Steps not syncing properly to Connect app

Pretty much as the title says, my watch is showing total steps for the day and the app is showing a few thousand less when I sync. It’s been happening last few days, and unless I can complete a 5k in less than 2000 steps im pretty sure its not right?

I have tried reinstalling the app on my phone but to no avail, anyone any ideas?
  • I'm not sure that they are posted in order because I could only load them by adding them to my media on my profile, but I'm sure you can figure out the correct order. Only thing is, when it says to select and delete all folders, do not do that. Instead, only select and delete the "Monitor" folder. I literally just did this so I haven't even really tested to make sure it's going to continue to work, but it made everything match for now — unfortunately to the lower number of steps.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1458100.png
  • I'm having this exact same issue with 920xt. Only started recently. Everything up to date and no updates recently. Steps restart after sync or restarting watch. I did 10k yesterday but garmin connect only showed 1500 steps for yesterday. Very frustrating

• Hey Hugh..no response from Garmin?...they seen quiet on the matter..i have the same issue F3 HR..actualy steps on watch over 10k for previous day but showing less than 3k after syncing

• Hi Steph well I have just come in from 14k run. Watch  says 17,243 steps (included walking to work etc). Just synced with GC. Only 9,000 showing. Re synced multiple times but no luck. 

• I’m having the exact same problem with my vivoactive 4 iOS 13.3

• Same with me in Vivo Fit Music 3. Why isn't Garmin replying to all these people?

• I have had the same issue with this watch pretty frequently over the past 4 years. Today I have nearly 22,000 steps but Connect on my iPhone only synced just over 12,000. I plugged it into my computer (Windows) and Garmin Express synced 16,000 steps. I won't even bother with customer service because last time I spent 15 minutes finding the number and 45 minutes on the phone with no solution found. Just glad to see I'm not the only one. It's frustrating, but at least my activities are still syncing accurately.

• Same issue here. Steps are correct on my watch but underreported by thousands on the app after syncing. Running a Vivoactive 3 music on Android with all updates done. I just noticed that there is also no hr data for a good chunk of yesterday, one of the days I'm missing steps from. Almost like it just didn't sync that section of data.

• Same problems with FR245 and iOS app. Step count for yesterday in my phone is about 3 thousand less than watch count...  and heart rate is missing for half of the day, while it was correctly recorded by the watch (i have a bike ride in the afternoon, that has correct HR recording in garmin connect, and that period is blank at daily HR record).

• Noticed same problem on forerunner 920xt after taking part in work-related challenges where I need to count my steps every day. In the beginning of May I remember it worked correct, as I always synced over BT in the evening and checked if my watch step count matches connect after that. Seemed to match 1:1 in the beginning but lately from somewhere after mid May 2020 I started noticing that Connect shows 100 to 2000 steps less steps a day than 920xt watch. Tried syncing via wire on windows laptop, but everything remains the same. Extra, every day I calculate how many km I moved on foot (no GPS, based on steps) by taking off GPS based km-s from day overall km-s which is based on steps and gps sum I guess? Example I bike 100 km a day with GPS and make 10 000 steps, its shows under my day 106 km for example (random numbers). So 106-100 I assume I walked 6 km based on step count. One day myday overall km was smaller than GPS km SUM, so I walked -250 meters :/ 

Not a world end but seems very Garmin, everyone having a problem but no-one (Garmin) looking for solution?