This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Steps not syncing properly to Connect app

Pretty much as the title says, my watch is showing total steps for the day and the app is showing a few thousand less when I sync. It’s been happening last few days, and unless I can complete a 5k in less than 2000 steps im pretty sure its not right?

I have tried reinstalling the app on my phone but to no avail, anyone any ideas?
  • What model watch do you own?
  • I'm having the same issue, also on a 920XT with the latest version of GC on an android phone.
  • I have a 920XT with GC for Android v4.13.5 on an android 8.0 phone. Not having any issues with steps. So not sure what the commonality is.

Edit: GC for android v4.13.7. Just got updated yesterday.
  • Its odd, today and yesterday it was only a few hundred steps different but if i run a 10k or so its thousands out
  • I updated to 4.13.3.3 few days ago and for me it;s the Floors that is missing on the "My Day" screen. I've removed Floors from the My day screen, added it back, removed everything etc etc. Oh, and it is back to showing multiple copies of the same field available or included. The Floor count does show up correctly on the "Yesterday" and "last Week" page as well as on the watch. Using 5X with latest software. Just irritating (not the end of the world).
    * Naturally after I post this Floors come back on GCM for me.
  • I am having more issues with the step count dropping steps on both the watch and on Garmin Connect mobile. Here's what happened this morning - I did my regular workout that concludes with a 5K run so after that I'm typically at 6500 or so steps on my watch which is about right. Then when I sync in Garmin connect, I notice that it's only showing about 1700 steps. The 920xt watch is still showing the correct number and the two won't get in sync even though other things like my swim are syncing correctly. So, I turn off my watch and then turn it back on and then the watch and mobile app are in sync but with the wrong amount of steps (i.e., 1700). I know that is way off because I should be over that with a single mile run.
  • Having same problem as described by IrishBrewer. After a run, 920XT will show higher -- seemingly accurate -- number of steps, but the data loads to GC mobile app at a much lower number. I can turn off the watch and turn it back on only to find it shows the lower number synced to the mobile app. I've also noticed that occasionally an activity will show no data at all for stride length, and at other times stride length data is wildly wrong and/or strides-per-minute data is wildly wrong as well. I've recently updated to version 9.90 on the 920XT and 4.15.0.28 on the GC mobile app. I've never paid attention to steps data in the past, but have begun doing so for a work-related challenge--so not sure if it's been out of whack in the past. I have kept up with run metrics in the past, however, and am confident that the stride-length and strides-per-minute data has never been out of whack like this.
  • My problem is: device FR935 In my day screen is 15 082 steps. When click on steps showing my 15 028 steps. Software is last uptade phone and GCM app.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1457234.jpg
  • I am having this same issue. Fenix 5x — 12.40 — Just as the original post says. My steps on my watch and on the home screen of the Connect App is higher than what it says on the Steps screen. And the next day it logs as the Steps screen one, so a couple of times I thought I had reached my Steps goal only to find out I hadn't because of this error.