This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't install Maps on PC for BaseCamp with new Zumo XT firmware 5.90

Since installing the brand new firmware 5.90 to the Zumo XT the option to install City Navigator maps also on PC for usage with BaseCamp seem's to be gone - only a fresh installation on the unit itself is possible. The whole map administration has been changed and a installation of the maps to quickly access them with BaseCamp without connection of the Zumo XT to the pc is not possible any more.

If this is a bug (some time ago this problem already appeared after a Garmin Express update!), please fix this quickly - but if this is meant to be so, this is i complete no-go for planning some routes on the pc. Even that the Zumo XT has a lot faster access to his onboard maps than the units before, this is no way for working quick and reliable on pre-planned routes. The maps have to be on the pc for this - please change this back... 

• Try here as it's a Zumo specific forum https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/

• I get a "page not found error" with the link.

I'm +1 with this issue.  I just replaced a Zumo 665 with the XT, and have not been able to download the map to my PC/Basecamp for all the reasons listed previously.  I even found an earlier version of PC Express (3.2.29), but now I'm getting a "Unable to connect with Garmin Services" error.

When I first setup the Zumo XT, I did see an option to install the map to the XT Device, AND the PC, but didn't select it, as I thought I'd do that later.  After fully updating the Zumo XT, the option disappeared as others have said.

Please Garmin, I would really like to get this capability back.

• Just click on the Board Index and it will load the boards.  Regardless, there's nothing on that board that I've found that fixes this issue, I've got the same problem and really ticked at Garmin.

• I'm having the same problem with my new Zumo XT I have Firmware version 6.10 so it seem Garmin has not fixed this problem if you were having the same problem with 5.90 this make basecamp useless for planing trips unless want to plug the device in every time which is not something I want to have to do I tend to leave my gps on my bike which is kept at another location I like to plan my trips and put them on an SD card and go I had not problems with my old Zumo 665 and old laptop wish I had kept the laptop now as that had city nav on it from the 665 and now riding season is upon us , hope Garmin fixes this soon will just have to use an online trip planner till Garmin fixes this issue

• I just bought a new Zumo XT to use on a coast to coast trip starting May.  I'm having the same issue on connecting and Basecamp crashes. Basecamp looks like it's trying to load the XT data but it freezes.  With my other Garmin Nuvi 3590 I would make each days route on basecamp and then transfer to the Nuvi.  Does this issue mean that I can't make routes on the computer and transfer to the XT?  $400 bucks for a device I can't use is really upsetting.  HELP Garmin!

• You can still plan routes you just have to have the Zumo XT connected to your computer for Basecamp to read the Map's on the device or just use an online route planner and save it as a GPX file and transfer it to the  device kurviger.de is a good one and there's a few others but hopefully they fix this soon 

• I literally just received my XT on Thursday.   It is doing the same thing.  When I plug into Basecamp it freezes basecamp.  I can't download maps to basecamp either.  I am pretty pissed as well, i bought it direct from Garmin.   I opened a ticket and all they said is they will send me a replacement.   I may just return it and go with something else, i wonder if this is why they put it on sale.

• It's like the post say above.  Save the route you made on basecamp to your computer,  It saves it as a GPX file.  When you plug in the XT to your computer you'll see it listed as a drive.  Open that XT drive up to the GPX folder.  Then copy and paste the GPX file of the route you made on basecamp and saved.  I just did it and it worked.  It sucks to have to take these extra steps, but now I know how to make routes on other programs and save them to my XT.

• I imagine the problem will come when you update the XT map but still have to use the original map in Basecamp.

• I get that, I am very familiar with copying manually and also using Garmin Explore to wirelessly transfer GPX tracks but you are missing a few things.   1. Basecamp shouldn't freeze.   That is a bug in software somewhere.  2.  Until now, a user could download maps locally on their computer with Garmin Express and now that option is gone for the XT.  3.   If you don't have an older Garmin already and haven't downloaded maps to Basecamp then Basecamp doesn't have any details  maps loaded and you can't use it for creating tracks and routes.  So lots of problems and yes we can use other tools but then we might as well use a GPS that is working properly and has compatible software to support it.   Garmin needs to fix the issue or state that Basecamp isn't compatible with the XT anymore.