This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't install Maps on PC for BaseCamp with new Zumo XT firmware 5.90

Since installing the brand new firmware 5.90 to the Zumo XT the option to install City Navigator maps also on PC for usage with BaseCamp seem's to be gone - only a fresh installation on the unit itself is possible. The whole map administration has been changed and a installation of the maps to quickly access them with BaseCamp without connection of the Zumo XT to the pc is not possible any more.

If this is a bug (some time ago this problem already appeared after a Garmin Express update!), please fix this quickly - but if this is meant to be so, this is i complete no-go for planning some routes on the pc. Even that the Zumo XT has a lot faster access to his onboard maps than the units before, this is no way for working quick and reliable on pre-planned routes. The maps have to be on the pc for this - please change this back... 

• I am new to Garmin GP devices.

I am trying to install maps to my computer for use in Basecamp.  However, Garmin Express does not offer "Install map to computer" option.  I have a Garmin Zumo XT Motorcycle GPS.

I looked at a similar thread in this forum, but that applied to some sort of "traveler" edition.  I am hoping the Zumo XT does not have the same limitation.

• Has nothing to do with a 'Traveler Edition' on some other units - it's simply a 'bug' in the interaction of the newest firmware 5.90 of the Zumo XT and Garmin Express!

The newest firmware 5.90 'triggers' Garmin Express to use a newer form of map administration for the installed maps and with this newest administration an installing of the maps on PC/Mac is not provided! Garmin is working on it...

Also be aware, that, if you are installing free OSM maps, at this time there is no route calculation possible at the moment - its also a bug and this one should be corrected with a new firmware already this week!

• I think I will keep my old car GPS, with unlimited map updates, for a while. 

That will allow me to download the map (CN North America NT in my case) on my PC.

• My Zumo 595LM Travel Edition has the same problem since first day. There is no bug. Changing emails last year with Garmin (Portugal, Iberia, US and UK) and get this info on Garmin support - Installing Maps to the Computer Using Garmin Express (support.garmin.com/.../ :
    - "IMPORTANT - This process only works for products that come preloaded with City Navigator mapping with the exception of Travel Edition devices and the Montana 700i/750i. Install to Computer, Install to SD, and removal of language files to make space will all be disabled in Express for Travel Edition devices."
    So I assume that Garmin put the same restrictions to the newer XT model.

• Some of you may be aware, others not, but you don't need your device plugged in to use Express to download the map to your PC.

•   no, that's a different issue.

• Ok, Please, can you tell me the process for not having to connect my Zumo to the PC.

• It may be a different issue, but until June last year, Garmin Support, said that I was not doing the right procedure.

• It has to be listed in Express. Assuming it is just select the icon and select the option to install the map to your PC. No need to connect your device.

• Please be more precise. The Zumo is listed on Express, I select the icon and the all process is:
    - Map details.
       - Map options
         - Change Map or
         - Reinstall Map.
    There is no option to install map on my PC.
    End of story.