This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't install Maps on PC for BaseCamp with new Zumo XT firmware 5.90

Since installing the brand new firmware 5.90 to the Zumo XT the option to install City Navigator maps also on PC for usage with BaseCamp seem's to be gone - only a fresh installation on the unit itself is possible. The whole map administration has been changed and a installation of the maps to quickly access them with BaseCamp without connection of the Zumo XT to the pc is not possible any more.

If this is a bug (some time ago this problem already appeared after a Garmin Express update!), please fix this quickly - but if this is meant to be so, this is i complete no-go for planning some routes on the pc. Even that the Zumo XT has a lot faster access to his onboard maps than the units before, this is no way for working quick and reliable on pre-planned routes. The maps have to be on the pc for this - please change this back... 

• Hmmm ... doesn't look like the Install to PC option  is available 

• I'm saying that, to Garmin people,  since first time I install Express and Base Camp, March 2020 ...

• I called Garmin support and they were not sure about if it was intended or a bug. They already had a ticket open which they added me to so I should get notified when there any updates. I think the XT is getting returned because it's shortsighted to expect people to pay again for the map again when it was already included with their "premium" product'. Does anybody know if the new Tread has the same limitation?

• Did you update your Zumo XT to firmware 5.90? 

If so, the install of the maps on PC/Mac is not supported at the moment - it's simply a bug and Garmin says they are working on it!

This is Garmin Express with my Zumo XT and the old firmware 2.90 - in the field 'Updates verfügbar' (means Updates available) you can see a entry in blue font 'Kartendetails' (Map details). If you klick here you come to the next screen, where you can install the map on the Zumo XT and on the PC/Mac...

This is the map administration how it looks with firmware 2.90 on the Zumo XT and you can see the button 'Auf Computer installieren' which means 'Install map on PC' - if your Garmin Express doesn't look like this, you're already on  firmware 5.90 and have to wait, until Garmin fixes this problem!

• Thanks for this Rofor, I ran into the exact same issue and have been stumped trying to install maps to my PC.

• I just updated my Zumo XT and was nagged to update the maps over wifi but went to use Garmin Express and found the same problem. I think I'll just hold off for a few weeks. It's not like I'm going to be planning any new exciting routes to Europe at the moment!

• If it were only something as useless to me as European maps I’d be happy as well.  As it is I’m trying to plan a cross country trip for North America and this is driving me nuts.  I have a Zumo XT and the 6.10 firmware and get the same issue

• Try myRoute, much easier than Basecamp and you can still transfer to the XT with the app

• You could also try the Website 'Kurviger.de' - it's one of the few, which supports 'Garmin Shaping-Points' while exporting a gpx-File, which could be copied directly to a Zumo or transferred with Garmin Drive - did serve me well last year in southern tyrol where i have to widely re-route a trip because of a blocked mountain! First and last waypoint on a planned route are 'real' waypoints as needed on the Zumo - all others between are 'shaping points' and so you can use as much as you like of them to get exact the route you'll need, just like in BaseCamp...

• Great...! i have probably spent a day on trying to fix this... any idea when this will be fixed