This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Blank screen when signing in to Garmin account

I have a new laptop (Windows 10 Pro), and have installed the latest Garmin Express version. It recognizes my Fenix 6 Pro without problems, but when I click 'Sign in' in the next configuration step, a blank window opens, just stating 'Garmin Connect'. It keeps blank, even after waiting 30 minutes. Nothing seems to happen.

I have uninstalled Garmin Express, reinstalled it, and rebooted my laptop between every step. No luck. Installed and run as Administrator, nothing works.

What is blocking this login screen? Does anyone recognize this?

• Same problem! ... I have uninstalled Garmin Express and cleaned up the register, but the issue continues. 

• Same issue on new Windows 10 PC. Same workaround got me past the login. Embarrassing they haven't fixed this.

• Same, CTRL + ALT + DEL and then cancel works :) at least i can see the text in the input appear. Thanks

• Hopefully you got it taken care of, but if not, Once you see the login and password fields and have the I-beam in the login box,  just type your login even though you cannot see the letters appear, then hit TAB and type your password.

• All people now posting are muddying the waters.

This problem applies to all new PC's that have new Graphic Controllers (e.g. Intel Iris Xe).

User 9132360 supplied a work-around, to get the log-in screen to actually show, 2 weeks ago. This is the the best solution and takes 1 minute to perform to get log-in. After that and resetting the PC to standard, GE works ok.

A Garmin employee stated that Garmin Support do NOT look at this forum, it is for users. So there is no point in posting Garmin should fix it, you will have to write a Support Request to Garmin to highlight the problem to them, as several of us have done. There is also no point in posting you have had the problem, no-one cares, you are just expanding the post with unnecessary irrelevant information that is hiding the solution deeper and deeper in the past.

(Note; The work-around with typing on an empty screen only works for some, it did not work for me, no fields either displayed or invisible.)

So the only option, until Garmin update GE (and maybe not even then), is to use the work-around supplied by 9132360.

This post should be closed as a solution has been supplied.

• New version Garmin Express Release Notes

Resolved an issue with Express displaying a blank window when signing into Garmin Connect for select users.