This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Blank screen when signing in to Garmin account

I have a new laptop (Windows 10 Pro), and have installed the latest Garmin Express version. It recognizes my Fenix 6 Pro without problems, but when I click 'Sign in' in the next configuration step, a blank window opens, just stating 'Garmin Connect'. It keeps blank, even after waiting 30 minutes. Nothing seems to happen.

I have uninstalled Garmin Express, reinstalled it, and rebooted my laptop between every step. No luck. Installed and run as Administrator, nothing works.

What is blocking this login screen? Does anyone recognize this?

• Wow...Unbelievable!  I got the I-beam, pressed left mouse, typed my email, pressed tab and then typed my password and pressed enter.  The whole time I never saw any text box's and my text was not visible, but it worked.  Shocking that such a work around is needed

Remember - you may not see the text box or your text as was my case.  Thanks all for posting this.

• Still an issue on v7.3.0 on Windows 10 20H2. Only encountered because it is a new laptop and hence requires login, rather than using pre-existing Garmin credentials on my existing laptop.

As has been said no indication of anything happening on screen other than mouse cursor change.

You'd have practically no chance if you have a login issue as there is no UI feedback.

• I am so thankful for this fix. I have spent days trying to update my Edge 810 on my HP Spectre X360 i7 11th gen.

Nice one!

• From Garmin Support:

"Our engineering team has been made aware of this issue. In the meantime, a workaround has been reported that although the fields in the window are blank, the cursor should automatically be on the username field once the blank window shows. If you simply 1) enter your username (or email), even though you cannot see what you're typing, and then 2) presses the TAB key to move to the password field, and then type your password and then press the ENTER key, you should be able to move past the blank window."

Who knows when they get round to fixing, it's not like I want to purposefully signout every week and test if I will be annoyed by a blank screen.

• Hi, still not working. wont able to fill the name and password. 

• Still have the same Issue on Windows 10 , any help ??

• Yes please. I think it's a firewall protection somehow, cuz when I tried different computer it work fine but not with my new computer. 

• Had downloaded Garmin express to my new laptop "Windows" but was not able to sign in via Sync with Garmin connect.

Please advise

• See pinned thread and workaround answer from me and  - Blank screen when signing in to Garmin account

Also, suggest reporting the issue to Garmin Support, as I have not seen anyone here stating that they have done so

• I can't install Garmin Express on my Windows 10 ultrabook. The installer will only come up with a completely blank (white) window. I've tried all compatibility settings, changed interface scaling in Windows, disabled anti-virus, tried older versions, rebooted the pc, ran as admin. Everything. The Garmin FAQ obviously wasn't helpful either.

Anyone know of any solution?????