This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drains fast

Since the latest update I am having to charge my watch twice a day. It is currently 13months old. I was using it connected to phone and to monitor my heart rate all day, and it would last 2 days. Including monitoring my training twice a day.

Since the update I have had to turn off Bluetooth and HR monitor and it still only lasts half the day. I have changed the display and alot of the settings to increase battery, but it hasn't helped.

Yesterday I did exercise on the morning, but my watch on charge starts at around 0900, at lunch time my watch was at 100% so put it back on and by 1530 it was down to 35% using it just as a watch. 

• For me it started days after 6.9 was installed. I have the v3 almost 2 years now and all this time I saw people complaining and I thought is indeed a hardware issue for some but it can't be that I didn't have the issue for almost 2 years and only days after going to 6.9 it started, this is for sure software for 90% of the cases!

• Same issue with version 6.9 installed. Please resolve Garmin

• Same problem here, my battery didn't last a day today.

• Mine just started a few days ago. I used to get 4-5 days . Now I get one day . I haven’t changed any. I did a factory reset last night. I will see if that makes a difference 

• Threads like this are why I will not buy a Garmin device. Garmin can render your deviice useless in the drop of a hat andyou have no recourse if past your return period.

• Since monday morning (Oct 7th, 2019) I started to have unusual battery drain (it used to last for 4 to 5 days without GPS, now it barely makes 20 hours) and all widgets stopped working: WRH, step counter, floor counter, bluetooth conectivity, intensity minutes and so on. Now it´s just a plain watch that has to be recharged twice daily. I´ve tried every recomended solution with no avail: turned off and on the Bluetooth, the device, erased all activities, restored factory settings..... and all I have is a watch too.

• I am having the same issue for the past week!! Very frustrated!

• absolutely same issue ... and no real support from Garmin :'(

• Just an Update for you all. I've had the same battery issue with my V3 since the 6.60 update even after updating to 6.90. So I contacted Garmin support again and explained that I wasn't happy and that I'd tried everything that they'd asked me to try the last time I spoke to them. So he took my serial no off me and informed me that my V3 was still under warranty (just under 2 years old) and that Garmin would replace it free of charge for a factory reconditioned unit (Virtually New). So off it went back to Garmin and 3 days later a new V3 returned. So far so good, back to only charging every 5/6 days. So guys get back in touch with Garmin and hopefully they'll sort yours out aswell. 

• Oh my goodness. 

How did you get that right?

I also tried speaking with them over the phone, no luck. Resorted to chatting with their support agent.

I go this lady Lula, I assume it’s a lady. The service I received was quite disappointing I must say. She ended up being more keen on getting me off the line than assisting me.

I then got an email for me to rate the service. I was so happy, I thought I was going to break it down to Garmin. Only to find out, that this survey is either a smiley face, or a sad face. THAT’S IT.

I love Garmin, I’ve had multiple Garmin products but this is the first time I’ve made use of their support and to say the least, I’m saddened because I really love their products.

I was being assisted at the US office. Could you have been directed to a different one maybe?

Regards

~T