This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Paused Rollout - Venu series- SW 5.30

Another update will be coming soon! 

Software version 5.30

Change Log:

• Added details page to last sport widgets
  • Added improvements for faster syncs with Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Improved shortcut setup and interaction with the page
  • Fixed potential auto activity start false positives
  • Fixed issues with double swipes from the watch face
  • Removed golf course list timeout when starting golf activity
  • Fixed layout of the 'No Notifications' page
  • Added support for calibrating elevation from Garmin Connect Mobile
  • Updated stopwatch layout
  • Improved time to first GPS fix in certain conditions
  • Made general bug fixes for golf activities
  • Fixed body battery graph layout
  • Increased precision of weight in strength activities
  • Enabled app encryption for widgets and data fields
  • Improved translations
  • Fixed smart notification timeouts
  • Indeed, you would expect a much better customer support in 21st century. Garmin's solution to the problem is that they stop responding to these threads, great message towards customers. My dissatisfaction grows stronger every day we have to wait, this is just unacceptable approach! Now it feels to me like VA4 software developer team consists of one intern who has limited skill and works part-time two days in a week. How close am I to the reality, hmm? Thinking

• My watch just applied an update, I was so hopeful it was the firmware update and that's why  kept quiet because she knew it was just about to happen but nope, just a lousy Timezone update.

• Read your comment, checked for updates on my VA4 and wow, an update started to download! How disappointed I was when I found out it was just an update to time zones. Really great, this will surely make the watch usable again, because time zones are really our biggest pain now...

• Same here, got the update on Time-zone. It is just a reminder that the team haven't forgotten the Venu/V4 line of products!

Also why no useful update for so long especially on hygiene issues such as sleep tracking is beyond comprehension? Do Garmin go for CES 2021? 

• New Venu user (1 week) here and very disappointed with the sleep tracking which is very important to me. No deep sleep, wrong sleep times ...

Also, according to the PulsOx I'm almost dead. And so I also don't trust any of the other data.

I was hoping for regular updates as I considered Garmin to be a serious company caring about their products ... but now when I read all this here I will return my watch and move away from Garmin. I was very happy with my Garmin Edge 1000 and my old vivosmart, so I bought a Venu as I thought that tracking and analyzing of fitness and health data would be one of their core businesses, at least here in Europe. So I assumed I wouldn't do anything wrong by buying a Garmin Venu.

I also checked other forums the last days and found that the not working sleep tracking is no new issue! 

Weeeeell ... I'm really sad as I doesn't look like Garmin are working on updates of the sleep tracking. Or are they??

• It seems all Garmin budget is spent for "first line" watches, like Fenix 6.

All other "second line" watches, like our Venu, receive receive what is left of the budget of the others, in terms of research and customer worries.

Of course, this is the opinion of an almost 5 years Garmin User (2 VA3 and now Venu).

Go to Fenix 6 forum and check change list for their updates. I'm sure Venu hardware allows much more than our software offers. And let's agree: Venu is not a cheap device.

• Hey guys! I am so sorry this update is taking longer than expected. I completely understand how frustrated you are. I have not updated since last time with any communication because I do not have an update to give. This update shouldn't take much longer and we appreciate how patient you are being with us. I hope to be able to update you all soon. Again, thank you! 

• Ok, And will it also contain the update on sleep tracking , is anyone listening the concerns raised in this forum again and again? 

• ... but could you please indicate if the sleep tracking WILL get an update at any time soon to make it work? If this is not on Garmin's agenda I have to return my watch as sleep tracking is really important to me.

I went to bed yesterday at 11.45pm but my watch was tracking sleep from 9.50pm already although I was moving. And again no deep sleep, it just says "--".

Thanks.

• Yesterday I went to bed at 11.00pm and Garmin app first showed sleep from 11.18pm, surprisingly good. Also my wake-up time 7.08am was precise. I was happy with that result. It was showing again no deep sleep though. My body battery was charged up to 100% and also I feel o slept very well.

One hour later I resynced and suddenly the app just added 2 hours of sleep from 9pm BEFORE I was even in bed. 

Why? Between 9pm and 11pm is was even moving and also playing with my watch.