This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BF% is exactly 7% for months. which is WAY off, cant change it.

For a couple months now, the BF% is exactly 7% for me. When I weigh in on our other user it reads accurately.

I've tried reseting it.

Removing it from connect.

taking the batteries out.

reseting again.

NOTHING works.

Garmin support site is a black hole of never ending loops that get you nowhere.

It worked fine - changeing a little every time I weighed. But stayed consistently at where it should've been. I understand the whole BIA thing is not accurate but this is something funky with the software because it worked before.

Any ideas?
  • Please acknowledge at least.

We are still waiting. Garmin moderators and product people, I noticed that you are giving a lot of your attention in these forums to fairly messy launch of the new badges. Yet you are still ignoring this issue - a significant feature of a product that doesn't work as marketed and hasn't done so for over a year. Please get a grip and acknowledge.

Tagging: Garmin-Joey , Garmin-Blake , Garmin-Ben .
  • We are aware of users who are seeing 7% body fat from their Index Scales and feel that this is inaccurate. We would direct any users seeing this to read through this FAQ on enabling/disabling athlete mode. Many if not all of you may be aware of this article already and have already performed troubleshooting on this and seen no change. For these users (I am also someone who only sees 7% body fat) we are looking to provide an explanation for what limitations we may be running into.
  • Garmin-Blake , Thanks for acknowledging this issue.

Yes I, and probably most of us who are savvy and paying attention, have tried the disable athlete mode a number of times to no avail.

I do enough activities to choose a setting of 8 or 9. But I have tried leaving it on 7 for a week and on 5 and am always at precisely 7 percent. All other metrics vary a little as you’d expect. So this issue is annoying because it makes a smart scale dumber and has been a problem for over a year. Please see if you can get it escalated.
  • I've detailed my concern earlier in this thread; I'm also pegged at 7% irregardless of activity/athlete level. Glad to finally have some acknowledgment and confirmation that this is a known issue. Looking forward to a resolution, or at the least an explanation of the root cause. I've tried scales from other manufacturers and they all provided results within an acceptably accurate range based on the testing I've had done. It is clearly not a limitation of the consumer range of products as both Nokia and Fitbit were within a ~2% range of accuracy. Hopefully this can be fixed with a software update.
  • same problem since months...
  • Made the mistake of spending £130 on this scale in early April, stuck at 7.0% ever since too...
  • I only have a perspective gained from owning two products: this scale and a Fenix 5x for just over six months, but from this customer's perspective, Garmin seems to have lost the software plot. Which is a shame as I like to be "loyal" a brand and a tech that delivers consistency and reliability. Currently it is tracking that I'll be moving on from Garmin and advising others not to jump in when they see my Fenix 5x on my wrist, or even use our bathroom and see the good-looking but dysfunctional scale.

Garmin, do you think it is likely that you can change this perspective?
  • We are aware of users who are seeing 7% body fat from their Index Scales and feel that this is inaccurate. We would direct any users seeing this to read through this FAQ on enabling/disabling athlete mode. Many if not all of you may be aware of this article already and have already performed troubleshooting on this and seen no change. For these users (I am also someone who only sees 7% body fat) we are looking to provide an explanation for what limitations we may be running into.

IN A FEW DAYS THIS PROBLEM WILL HAVE BEEN KNOWN ABOUT AND BEEN REPORTED AND BEING LOOKED INTO BY GARMIN FOR SEVENTEEN MONTHS! Sorry for shouting but can you think of another way to get action on this? I'd like to be able to recommend Garmin kit but this kind of thing means I can't.
  • I already changed my activity class to 5 and I am still having 7%.
  • This is my body fat curve, it canges when I start doing more t'han one activity/week and canged my activity class from 3 to 5. Now I am in the 7.
    I hope this can help solve…..
    ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1351731.png