This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BF% is exactly 7% for months. which is WAY off, cant change it.

For a couple months now, the BF% is exactly 7% for me. When I weigh in on our other user it reads accurately.

I've tried reseting it.

Removing it from connect.

taking the batteries out.

reseting again.

NOTHING works.

Garmin support site is a black hole of never ending loops that get you nowhere.

It worked fine - changeing a little every time I weighed. But stayed consistently at where it should've been. I understand the whole BIA thing is not accurate but this is something funky with the software because it worked before.

Any ideas?
  • For a couple months now, the BF% is exactly 7% for me.

I've tried reseting it.
    Removing it from connect.
    taking the batteries out.

NOTHING works.

Garmin support site is a black hole of never ending loops that get you nowhere.

Any ideas?

I have this exact issue!

The Index scale has never read anything other than 7.0% body fat, irrespective of my weight, which has varied by up to 7kg (between 66kg and 74kg, with 70kg average so +/- ~5.7%) in the past two years, or activity class. My wife has the same issue ????I've measured on withings and fitbit at the same time, which were accitate.

Garmin support investigated and said they have no idea why, then replaced the scale. The same thing happened again straight out of the box. Nothing further has ever come of it, so really the Index scale is no better than a $10-20 scale from Kmart and I could never recommend purchasing one.

Extremely disappointing!!!!!!
  • Garmin-Blake
    9 months have passed, what is the status on this issue?
  • My 7% BF issue just started by the 1st December, so I've had the luck to have this issue only alomost exactly 1 year after buying and using it. Likely on that day I've changed the Activity class from 7 to 8. Then few day ago I've recognized the 7% BF issue, changed the AC back from 8 to 7 and two days the BF measurement worked as expected. But only for 2 days and after that I've been back to 7%. Then I've changed yesterday to AC 6 and this morning again a more realtistic BF percentage has been measured. May tomorrow it will still work, but for more day? I'm not sure at all...

Garmin, it's really sad (not so say "a shame") having such issue such long-term with such expensive products!ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1449859.jpg
  • My 7% BF issue just started by the 1st December, so I've had the luck to have this issue only alomost exactly 1 year after buying and using it. Likely on that day I've changed the Activity class from 7 to 8. Then few day ago I've recognized the 7% BF issue, changed the AC back from 8 to 7 and two days the BF measurement worked as expected. But only for 2 days and after that I've been back to 7%. Then I've changed yesterday to AC 6 and this morning again a more realtistic BF percentage has been measured. May tomorrow it will still work, but for more day? I'm not sure at all...

Garmin, it's really sad (not so say "a shame") having such issue such long-term with such expensive products!

With AC 6 the BF measurement is working for 2 weeks now for me...
  • With AC 6 the BF measurement is working for 2 weeks now for me...

Good it's working, but a bit that changing above 6 messes it up.
  • Count me in! All the previous season was stuck to 7%, then at off season rised a bit cause i gained 2-3kg and now again stuck to 7%. Well, a lot of problems with edge 1000, with scale also, synchronization error, now fat percentage issues. I really dont know why this brand supposed to be number 1... This was obviously the last product i bought from garmin.
  • There is something off with the BF. The scale has my BF% at 14% (set to AC 8), manually checked it, BF 9.5%. Bone Mass is off a lot (For like two years it's been 12.1-12.3), the scale is saying it's 15.

I am at a loss to why it's so unbelievably wrong now, but I changed the AC to 6 since people above stated it fixed how it measured, Trying that first before anything else, but yea, it kind of makes the scale useless if it doesn't measure correctly.
  • Funny thing is that i bought the scale for this exactly the reason, to observe my body fat! Win-win buy!
  • Same issue for me. Bought this about 6 weeks ago, it has virtually always been at 7%. When I bought it I had just broken my foot and was hoping to track my body comp while I was laid up. I'm definitely in the 10 activity class; I train 20 hours a week and have a pro license (slowest pro you'll ever meet!). But I'm not 7%. I changed activity class every day starting from 10 and ending at 1, no difference. My weight fluctuated a lot over the 6 weeks I was out and BF% stayed the same.

My GF gets a reasonable number. Probably on the low end as a guess, but something to work with. I care less about the accuracy and more the consistency. If I'm 7% regardless on whether I'm 140 pounds or 150 pounds, that doesn't help.

Still a convenient way to track my weight.