This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BF% is exactly 7% for months. which is WAY off, cant change it.

For a couple months now, the BF% is exactly 7% for me. When I weigh in on our other user it reads accurately.

I've tried reseting it.

Removing it from connect.

taking the batteries out.

reseting again.

NOTHING works.

Garmin support site is a black hole of never ending loops that get you nowhere.

It worked fine - changeing a little every time I weighed. But stayed consistently at where it should've been. I understand the whole BIA thing is not accurate but this is something funky with the software because it worked before.

Any ideas?
  • I had the exact same issue, but I have seem to fixed mine.

I started by resetting the scale, choosing activity level 5 and moving my scale from my bathroom to my livingroom.
    To begin with the scale still showed BF 7%, but after two hours it showed 12.1%.

My guess is that the scale can't handle the humidity in my bathroom, so now I keep the scale in my bedroom.
  • Garmin-Blake when you closed the very long thread about the data disappearing following belated but very welcome engagement from product development/support colleagues, you looked forward to further useful engagement. Please can we ask that you draw your colleagues' attention to this issue that has been ongoing and unresolved for over a year?
  • Garmin-Blake when you closed the very long thread about the data disappearing following belated but very welcome engagement from product development/support colleagues, you looked forward to further useful engagement. Please can we ask that you draw your colleagues' attention to this issue that has been ongoing and unresolved for over a year?

Garmin-Blake ?
  • Count me as one who has this issue. I submitted a ticket to Garmin but it was around the time Garmin was having Index Smart Scale data syncing issues so I imagine they assumed that was the root cause as I haven't heard from them since. Would be nice to have acknowledgement of this issue. I've tried all the usual activity class, factory reset, firmware and account removal tricks without success. BF is pegged at 7% and has been since my first weigh-in and it hasn't changed since I purchased the scale in December 2017. All other weigh-in metrics have the expected variability day to day.
  • Garmin-Blake ?

Garmin-Joey ?
  • Hello,

Count me as well, I've been stuck between 6% or 7% since I bought it.
    We're talking a lot about this bug on this thread: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/health-fitness/index-smart-scale/117577-
    I informed my Garmin Customer Service they stated a bug was open regarding this problem but tagged as minor ...
    Last time I talked with Garmin-Ben , he told me that it was no opened ticket regarding the bug i reported ...
    Still he said it was tracking this down.
    Maybe you could as well report them this problem at: [email][email protected][/email]

Good luck.
  • Just sent this to Product Support email. Others please do the same if you are affected by this. After what looks like a year of this being dismissed as a minor issue, it's way past time to encourage (if need be hassle) Garmin product managers and support people to get a grip of it.

As per the title of this email, body fat measurement is stuck and unvarying for many of us and has been this way, depite being reported as a fault, for over a year.

Do we have to start another campaign as we did with the Index scale data disappearing - including bothering your pr people and senior managers to get this addressed or at least acknowledged?

See this thread and consider posting some kind of expectation management therein.
    https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into.../150391-/page2

Tagging: Garmin-Joey and Garmin-Blake and Garmin-Ben
  • Yo tambien estoy estancado en el 7% desde que la compre la index, haber si garmin le da solución
  • To illustrate this problem, I've included three screenshots: seven days, four weeks, and since I got the scale in early January.

Every reading is precisely 7%. All my other metrics from the scale fluctuate slightly as would be expected. This is clearly broken. It seems Garmin knows it is broken and, according to several anecdotal reports from customers, Garmin support/product management has categorised this a minor issue, the seeming implication being (given it has been like this for a year) that it isn't a priority and they can let it stay broken indefinitely. If readers have an email from Garmin Support that demonstrates this "minor issue" classification, perhaps you can post it here? Maybe say whether you agree that one of six metrics the scale is marketed as measuring not working is a minor issue.

I'd be grateful for clarification/explanation/expectation management around this from Garmin. (And, yes, I have contacted support about it again). In the meantime, please can others experiencing the problem also contact or re-contact support?

Tagging: Garmin-Joey , Garmin-Blake and Garmin-Ben . Gentlemen, one of you, please acknowledge and let us know that you are drawing this issue to the attention of the support/product management people.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1333642.png

Tagging: Garmin-Joey , Garmin-Blake and Garmin-Ben . Gentlemen, one of you, please acknowledge and let us know that you are drawing this issue to the attention of the support/product management people.

Please acknowledge at least.