This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BF% is exactly 7% for months. which is WAY off, cant change it.

For a couple months now, the BF% is exactly 7% for me. When I weigh in on our other user it reads accurately.

I've tried reseting it.

Removing it from connect.

taking the batteries out.

reseting again.

NOTHING works.

Garmin support site is a black hole of never ending loops that get you nowhere.

It worked fine - changeing a little every time I weighed. But stayed consistently at where it should've been. I understand the whole BIA thing is not accurate but this is something funky with the software because it worked before.

Any ideas?
  • Former Member please can we have a statement to this topic, a lot of us sent this problem more then one time to Garmin Support in the past, in my case several times in the last half year, seems all other here too, but nobody act at Garmin.

the scale is more or less a car where i can drive only with the half of power, but payed for full power, hope you mods are not angry, that we are angry, please understand us and hopefully you can give us a information.

it's ok, when you tell us, we have to wait for example till end of August 19, we are working on it, a smallwater proof message would be fine! Raised hands

• After more than two years at exactly 7% every single day (regardless of changing activity class) my percentage has as "measured" by the scale started to slightly fluctuate. It began on June 22 and is fluctuating between 6.8 and 7.5. Don't know if this is a fix or a fudge. Don't know if I can trust it is actually measuring anything or whether the algorithm has been tweaked. Anybody else who's been stuck at 7 seeing anything? 

Perhaps someone from Garmin could comment (wry smile). And the moderator who often says best to contact support about this etc, please consider the context of this whole thread before saying that here. )

Cheers,

• with activity class 7 i have arround 11-12% BF the most time, it's definetly to low, with other none Garmin measurements i have always arround 16% BF

as you see, arround this red marked period something goes wrong with the BF measurement on Garmin Scale:

please post your experience in this blog too:

https://www.myrunnerslife.com/running-gear/review-garmin-index-smart-scale/?unapproved=182&moderation-hash=eaa531411514db089c932c56aeac246c#comment-182

• I just recieved my Index scale today-excited to have the data automatically port to my GC account.  Only to be immediately turned off at first weigh in!  Anyone wanna guess my BF reading???  On the Garmin: exactly 7%!  On my Withings scale (same day, immediately after weigh in on the Garmin): 3.7%-which is pretty accurate.  I've been riding a lot lately (2500 miles in for the year, lots of training in the heat lately) and have watched my BF drop to the low 3% range like it has in years past.  Peak off-season (when inactive), I've seen as high as in the 8% range.  

I'm really tempted to send this thing (Garmin) back...  I really want to like it, but...

Does anyone know if I can at least edit the reading?  Heck, I can at least correct the BF readings so they port over to my Training Peaks account with correct data...

• If I were you, I'd send it back. Too late for me to send mine back and it is now only any use in that it sends a fairly accurate weight to Garmin Connect every morning. The BF remains BS and confidence in the other metrics is low on account of that. And you don't want to find yourself hanging around in this forum for nearly two years watching Garmin ignoring this issue.

• Yours doesn't seem as bad as mine. Either 6.0% or 7.0% depending on my BMI (drops to 6% if BMI is below 20.0).

• really funny, mine is more dynamic, think, it have something todo when the BMI is arround 22 then starting the probs

• Yeah I think it must be linked to BMI.

• I have the same problem. Also stuck at 7% even if I try to be more conservative on my activity level. 

• Yep, I just sent mine back today.  Bummed-I really wanted this scale to work for me too as I'm invested into the Garmin 'universe' pretty heavily now...