This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scale not registering - Body Fat %, Water %, Muscle Mass & Bone Mass

I've just bought the Index Scale, which by some stroke of luck unlike some others I had no problem linking to my Connect account.

The problem I am having is that the scale is not registering any of the metrics for Body Fat %, Water %, Muscle Mass & Bone Mass. Regardless of where I stand on the scale all I am getting is the Weight & BMI

The Weight & BMI is being uploaded to Connect, however the other metrics don't appear there either.

Although I don't believe it's a Garmin Connect issue, I've tried numerous resets & reconnects using both WPS & GCM set-ups without success in getting the additional metrics.

The scale is running F\W 2.50.0.0, although it was running 2.40.0.0 when I first got it and had some difficulty in getting the F/W to update, but got there in the end.

Is anyone else having issues where the above metrics are not being recorded?
  • Hi,

By any chance, have you found a solution to your problem? Indeed, I am facing the same issue and would be very interested if you have a solution. Thank you in advance

Hi, The short answer is yes it's started working...The long answer is I'm not sure why... but here goes

Even though I don't think I've ever had a link to MyFitnessPal (I don't have an account) and there was nothing configured in GC, when I went to the Settings > 3rd Party Apps in GCM on my phone it showed a MyFitnessPal connection!!.... so I disabled it. However even after this the metrics would still not upload.

Then earlier this week I got a new phone so I need to do a fresh app install including GCM. In the process of this and as a last resort before I returned the scale, I reset the scale and performed a Bluetooth Setup with the the new GCM installation. Somewhat remarkably following all this my data would upload and has done since... Excellent

So I guess there may be a couple of things to try if you still haven't got it working..

1. Make sure you haven't got a MyFitnessPal link in either GC or GCM (As others have mentioned on the forum)
    2. Uninstall GCM from your phone and reinstall it
    3. Reset your scale and perform a Bluetooth setup from GCM

Good luck...still scratching my head on this one.
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer and for sharing your tricks. Unfortunately, my Garmin index scale still doesn't work even after following your instructions, i.e. an X appears for the Body Fat %, Water %, Muscle Mass & Bone Mass.

I have written an email to Garmin, I hope they will manage to resolve my issue.

Thank you again for your help!

Hi, The short answer is yes it's started working...The long answer is I'm not sure why... but here goes

Even though I don't think I've ever had a link to MyFitnessPal (I don't have an account) and there was nothing configured in GC, when I went to the Settings > 3rd Party Apps in GCM on my phone it showed a MyFitnessPal connection!!.... so I disabled it. However even after this the metrics would still not upload.

Then earlier this week I got a new phone so I need to do a fresh app install including GCM. In the process of this and as a last resort before I returned the scale, I reset the scale and performed a Bluetooth Setup with the the new GCM installation. Somewhat remarkably following all this my data would upload and has done since... Excellent

So I guess there may be a couple of things to try if you still haven't got it working..

1. Make sure you haven't got a MyFitnessPal link in either GC or GCM (As others have mentioned on the forum)
    2. Uninstall GCM from your phone and reinstall it
    3. Reset your scale and perform a Bluetooth setup from GCM

Good luck...still scratching my head on this one.
  • Stop working out so hard! :D

I wish I really could lose 4% BF overnight but I think I'd would really have to resort to liposuction to get that kind of result!!!
  • I am having a similar issue, however mine is with the info uploading to Connect. I have used the scale 3 times since Sunday. The first time everything worked great and all info uploaded. Yesterday all data was taken, but I noticed later that only my weight uploaded to Connect. I did it again this morning and checked a few minutes later and all data was there, when I looked again maybe 4 hours later only the weight was there. So the info uploaded, then disappeared...not sure what is going on. Anyone else experience this?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    A couple of things I've noticed.

If you weigh yourself more than once during any single day, Connect will only display weight. You can get around this by deleting the measurement in Connect before the second weigh in.

If for whatever reason you delete the Connect app you must remove the scale from Connect via the website before you'll be able to associate it with the app again.
  • I am having a similar issue, however mine is with the info uploading to Connect. I have used the scale 3 times since Sunday. The first time everything worked great and all info uploaded. Yesterday all data was taken, but I noticed later that only my weight uploaded to Connect. I did it again this morning and checked a few minutes later and all data was there, when I looked again maybe 4 hours later only the weight was there. So the info uploaded, then disappeared...not sure what is going on. Anyone else experience this?

Did you go into "Settings" and change anything about yourself after your measurement? If you do it wipes all the extended metrics and leaves only the weight value! I posted that on the GCM Android forum but there's no way to report bugs so I don't know if anyone is looking into resolving it.

The only way to deal with this is only to update settings prior to a weigh in for that day.
  • Mine is doing the same thing.

Hi, Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have a link to MyFitnessPal.
    The weird thing is the data isn't displayed on the scale when I take a measurement either. I'm Wondering if I've got a faulty scale

Mine is doing the same thing.

How do you "tap" it? I can't find anything in the manual.
  • Hi,
    Unfortunately, my Garmin index scale still doesn't work even after following your instructions, i.e. an X appears for the Body Fat %, Water %, Muscle Mass & Bone Mass.

I've just got my new Index Scale and have the same problem :(
    For two other people in my family it works as expected - shows body fat%, water etc. I'm different in some way... Any ideas?
    We all stand bare food on it (without socks, shoes). They see all measurements, I'm getting only weight & BMI.
  • I've just got my new Index Scale and have the same problem :(
    For two other people in my family it works as expected - shows body fat%, water etc. I'm different in some way... Any ideas?
    We all stand bare food on it (without socks, shoes). They see all measurements, I'm getting only weight & BMI.

Same here. It works for my wife but I just get an X. Did anyone get to the bottom of this?

Firmware 2.5
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    Mine stayed the same for 4 days and then changed today! BF went from 15.6 to 11.5!!!

Mine did the same thing when it updated to v2.5. Interestingly enough, my water percentage increased by the same amount.