This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scale not registering - Body Fat %, Water %, Muscle Mass & Bone Mass

I've just bought the Index Scale, which by some stroke of luck unlike some others I had no problem linking to my Connect account.

The problem I am having is that the scale is not registering any of the metrics for Body Fat %, Water %, Muscle Mass & Bone Mass. Regardless of where I stand on the scale all I am getting is the Weight & BMI

The Weight & BMI is being uploaded to Connect, however the other metrics don't appear there either.

Although I don't believe it's a Garmin Connect issue, I've tried numerous resets & reconnects using both WPS & GCM set-ups without success in getting the additional metrics.

The scale is running F\W 2.50.0.0, although it was running 2.40.0.0 when I first got it and had some difficulty in getting the F/W to update, but got there in the end.

Is anyone else having issues where the above metrics are not being recorded?
  • No extra metrics here either

I have the same problem with my new index.

I just shows an X and does not calculate the last 4 metrics.

Bugger, guess it's somehow related to my body composition (I must be made of steel:-)

Garmin, we have a problem...
  • I have the same issue
    in my household 4 people are using the index.
    For 3 people it is working fine, but my son has never get any Body Fat %, Water %, Muscle Mass & Bone Mass
    values so far
  • Mine suddenly worked

Well, it updated to firmware 2.50, and suddenly It worked for me...

Ill get back to you if it was a fluke, and it stops working again
  • index scale measurements

Hi
    I had no problems with connection with the Index scale and have no problems with it recognising the two people in our house who use it. It also shows all the body fat% muscle mass, total body water etc. My problem is that while my weight has changed from 52.8 to 50.7 the muscle mass, percent body fat and percent body water has not changed. They read the same every single day. Anyone know what's going on?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    I have the same issue
    in my household 4 people are using the index.
    For 3 people it is working fine, but my son has never get any Body Fat %, Water %, Muscle Mass & Bone Mass
    values so far

Same problem here - never worked for me....
    My gf has always her %s shown.

unfortunately this scale is just an expensive toy :( useless....
  • Same problem here - never worked for me....
    My gf has always her %s shown.

unfortunately this scale is just an expensive toy :( useless....

I wonder if it struggles with a certain body composition? I would consider myself lean - some might say scrawny! (BMI = 19)
  • Is it body composition?

I wonder if it struggles with a certain body composition? I would consider myself lean - some might say scrawny! (BMI = 19)

I was thinking the exact same thing - and i'm of similar stature (bmi = 19.5)
  • I have the same issue in my household 4 people are using the index.
    For 3 people it is working fine, but my son has never get any Body Fat %, Water %, Muscle Mass & Bone Mass values so far

Same exact setup for me. Of the four members of my family, three work fine, and my son's results always show an X for everything but weight and BMI.
  • Well I've got the big 'X' for the body composition calculations again.
    I returned my first scale believing it to be faulty, because the body fat % never showed any greater than 2%. Now I know I'm a svelte chap but really...
    I've had the new scale now for 10 days and other than Weight & BMI it has never calculated any of the other metrics. I'm just met with the big 'X' after the BMI is displayed.
    The Weight & BMI is uploaded to connect no problem and unsurprisingly the other metrics aren't in there either.
    I've opened 'another' support case with garmin and still waiting for a response....
    If it's not resolved by the end of the week the scale is going back to the shop and I'm going to get a cheap set of accurate scales and resort to entering the weight into connect manually, which is all the Index Scale is currently good for...
  • Stopped working again...

Well, since loosing two pounds and having my BMI return to 19, my scale stopped registering the additional numbers and now again only returns an X.
    It really does seem to be related to certain body compositions as my scale worked when I was heavier, and it continues to work for my wife.

Garmin - would you care to comment on this/fix this with a firmware update?