This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spontaneous reboot of 735XT

since the software update to 3.10, I noticed spontaneous reboots of my 735XT. With this reboot, the HR history and step count from a couple of hours is lost. Yesterday, I did a 18 km run, the watch rebooted approx 2 hours after the run. My step count was then reported with 3600 steps. The watch widget with the HR history over the past 4 hours was reset; no previous data shown.

This morning, the same happened during breakfast. My watch was turned on about 1 hour before.

The reboot is indicated with a short beep. The Garmin logo is shown for 2-3 secs, followed by the time, i.e. Back to normal operations.

Has anyone else seen this?
  • I have the same problem too. I bought my 735xt brand new in Sept. 2020 (5 months ago). During this 5 month period I've had two separate episodes that lasted for 2-3 days of the watch spontaneously restarting on its own. I've restarted the watch using the "power button" and holding for 15 seconds several times. This does not help. This issue is very disruptive as the watch could restart on you during an activity (which is why I bought this watch in the first place is to accurately track activity data!!!). Garmin needs to pair with Apple to get a better operating system figured out.

• Same problem here as well. My 735XT is from Feb 2019 and the software is up to date. Step and HR reset after each reboot, which happens 5-10 times a day.

• Hmm, contact Garmin. Maybe you are still within your 12 month warranty.