This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spontaneous reboot of 735XT

since the software update to 3.10, I noticed spontaneous reboots of my 735XT. With this reboot, the HR history and step count from a couple of hours is lost. Yesterday, I did a 18 km run, the watch rebooted approx 2 hours after the run. My step count was then reported with 3600 steps. The watch widget with the HR history over the past 4 hours was reset; no previous data shown.

This morning, the same happened during breakfast. My watch was turned on about 1 hour before.

The reboot is indicated with a short beep. The Garmin logo is shown for 2-3 secs, followed by the time, i.e. Back to normal operations.

Has anyone else seen this?
  • I've now gone 5 days without any reboots since installing 3.20, so that's already a big improvement for me. No apparent issues caused by the weather widget here.
  • I haven't had any reboot at all... This is weird :rolleyes:
  • Tried again from scratch (reinstalling widget/whole app) and is still happening.

I may contact support to get it fixed since I just wont to be sure that mine is not a defective unit.

Just in case it helps I am syncing the device with an iPhone with iOS 9.3.2
  • Just out of curiosity could you change the order of the Weather widget and see if that affects the issue? I ma not having the problem, but I have changed the order of all the widgets and added some.
  • Just out of curiosity could you change the order of the Weather widget and see if that affects the issue? I ma not having the problem, but I have changed the order of all the widgets and added some.

Yes... I already tried and same issue. It stays in the loading screen and eventually reboots.
  • I haven't had any reboot at all... This is weird :rolleyes:

EDIT: I don't use the weather widget at all. I don't have it shown.
  • I had one random reboot as I was starting an openwater swim.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Tried again from scratch (reinstalling widget/whole app) and is still happening.

I may contact support to get it fixed since I just wont to be sure that mine is not a defective unit.

Just in case it helps I am syncing the device with an iPhone with iOS 9.3.2

At this point we would recommend that you reach out to Product Support (if you haven't already). Something else is going on with that device, and the support teams should be able to help troubleshoot to try and determine what is going on, or they should be able to discuss some exchange options for a replacement device. We do apologize that this is occurring on your device.
  • At this point we would recommend that you reach out to Product Support (if you haven't already). Something else is going on with that device, and the support teams should be able to help troubleshoot to try and determine what is going on, or they should be able to discuss some exchange options for a replacement device. We do apologize that this is occurring on your device.

Thank you for your response.

It's weird because any other functionality seems to work perfectly. I will contact support from my country (Spain) and see what they can do. Hopefully fixing or exchanging the device.
  • I'm on 3.20 and I'm seeing reboots while I'm in the middle of a run. I did a 6km run and it rebooted 3 times. It's strange since I've had it for 2 weeks and it's worked flawlessly until yesterday. 2 days in a row it has done it now.

I did a hard reset, but I have my doubts that will fix it.