This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto power on and power off issues

Ever since adopting the Garmin Edge 820 I've encountered this issue that I've been unable to resolve.

The Edge 820 turns on automatically when connected to power, which is especially annoying if its paired with Bontrager Flare RT lights because they also turn on automatically.

The biggest issue is that it also turns on when disconnected from power, which requires user to wait up to 15 seconds for the unit to boot and then power off the unit so the battery doesn't die.

So, I spend most of my time interfacing with the Garmin Edge 820 powering it on and off and disabled the Bontrager Flare integration all together. Also, if you're not paying attention you may find yourself diligently charging your Edge and then finding the battery dead when you go to ride.

I've contacted Garmin about this with no good solutions.

I don't recall this being an issue with previous Garmin Edge models and this issue doesn't occur on the Wahoo Elememnt Bolt.

Garmin - please make this functionality configurable. ie: provide an option to disable the automatic power on feature when connecting and disconnecting from power.

If I'm missing something here, please share your advice.

Thanks!