This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Broadcast heart rate drops every few minutes

My 965 when broadcasting heart rate to my iPad for a zwift / rouvy ride, the heart rate connection drops every few minutes. Only stop and restart broadcasting can reconnect again. My old 945 with the same setup doesn't have the issue.

Any fixes for this?

• That originally worked fine for me until sometime in Oct23… then zwift would drop the HR signal after 5 minutes.  A stop and start of the HR broadcast and the connection to zwift would kick in again… but only for another 5 minutes.

• Having the same issue with Forerunner 255 Music and ipad pro. I tried broadcasting heart rate from exercise or generally, both failed to resolve the issue. I issue is sustained across Zwift and Tacx apps on ipad. In contrast nothing happen when using a PC, which tells me it might be and IpadOs issue.

Update: I tried everything the same but from an Iphone and no problem happened. So this limit the issue to IpadOs or Tacx ipad app.

• Still having same issues as before with this, i.e. heart rate stops broadcasting to Zwift every 5 minutes exactly. Have isolated the problem to the connection between the watch and iPads.

Specifically, I am having issues with iPad Mini 4 (running iPadOS 15.8.2) and iPad Mini 5 (running iPadOS 17.4). Watch is running 18.23.

is this an acknowledged issue that's being worked on please?

• All, 

I apologize for my delay in response. We are aware of this disruption and are still investigating. Please answer the following so I can add you to the impact or our report!

1. May I have permission to reach you via email, if necessary?
    2. May we have permission to view your Connect account?
  • Have the same issues with iPad Pro. iPad and Garmin 965 on the newest Update.

If you want me to contact… yes for 1 and 2

• Same problem here.  Forerunner 965 and iPad pro on zwift.

• Have the same issue here. Broadcasting my heart rate from my FR965 to a Trainer Day app on my Apple Ipad 3rd Gen, and it stops suddenly at approximately 5 min mark. How to fix this issue?

• I'm impacted by the same issue. I have seen a correlation with incoming notifications from my iPhone, so it may not be able to sustain BT connection to two devices at the same time?

, feel free to reach out over email and check out my Garmin Connect data