This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

High Heart Rate

Hey all, 

I had a two runs in the past week, with the last one happening last evening on a fairly easy run. My Heartrate should have averaged something in the high 140's with a max maybe in the 160's. However, at some point there was a change in my watch where the heart rate spiked up to 200's and 210's, with the lows being high 190's.

Nothing changed with the way I wore my watch and no change in effort. 

Has anyone else had this happen and had a way to fix it? 

• power ON/OFF your watch. I have no problems at all 

• You're right...anyway my HRV is not correct at all ...

• Garmin - Please figure your stuff out! This is ridiculous, it's almost every run. Tonight was an easy 8 miler where my average HR was almost more than my maximum heart rate. At this point offer a recall or an upgrade

• It started 1-2 mo ago with a message "new max HR registered" which repeated then several times. Now my max HR is incredible 200+ and I "reach" it every run.

Having the issue on regular runs (don't do intervals). Not only the max HR but the base and average HR are wrong too, can say from experience with 5+ years wearing Garmin.

Always wear the watches the same way. 

Having firmware V - 17.26.

@Garmin You can freely contact me or check my data.

• Can you plot your cadence on top of the HR graph? You'll probably find that the sudden step up is to whatever was your cadence at the time.

• I'm experiencing same kind of heart rate peaks in my runs. Not al or them , but overall makes it very unreliable. Not what i was expecting from a upgrade from fr45. 

• Me too, 17.26 seems like it broke it. I used to be able to feel my pulse and count it for 60 seconds and it was within a couple beats of what the watch said but now it's consistently 10-20% too high. I stopped a few times during a run earlier and counted my pulse for 10 seconds, it was around 150 and the watch was saying in 190s! Now just sitting and counting it for 60 seconds the watch is 10bpm too high. I'm NOT wearing it incorrectly either. Nothing has changed except new fw. 

Nap detection works great but it came at the expense of accuracy heart rate! 

• This was my initial assumption too. However, heart rate is consistently jumping above 200 BPM for 30 minutes to an hour each run and cadence never goes higher than 175. This is not cadence lock.

• Dear Garmin,

now I’m sure: you’re the cancer of sport watch. After 2 month you’re not capable to solve the problem. No Christmas present for us, only 600$ robbed tu us!! THANKS GARMIN! Happy new yeaaaar oh oh oh!!

ps this is my morning run !!

• 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Netherlands