This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

High Heart Rate

Hey all, 

I had a two runs in the past week, with the last one happening last evening on a fairly easy run. My Heartrate should have averaged something in the high 140's with a max maybe in the 160's. However, at some point there was a change in my watch where the heart rate spiked up to 200's and 210's, with the lows being high 190's.

Nothing changed with the way I wore my watch and no change in effort. 

Has anyone else had this happen and had a way to fix it? 

• Another easy run another HR off 205+.... At this point in the watche'a life cycle, we should get an upgrade

• Don't worry GUYS, also other models are affected from this problem.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-965/336375/heart-rate-bug-rapid-rise#pifragment-1279=8

965, 265,255 ...it's not the hardware, but the SW.  

I'm solving it, selling my garmin for buy a new RELIABLE SPORTWATCH!! You've to work night and day for solve it and give to your customers something to try!

After 1Y and half from exit the 955 is not STABLE, and use the same version of new models with different hardware and display...this is crazy!!

• You may be using the watch not properly as I had issue with 16.17 and when I switched to Beta from 17.22 all HR problems disappeared. I have tested already in multiple runs and not problem at all if:

- watch sensor is clean

- wear the watch 2cm away from bione wrist

- make sure the watch is tight more in activity than it is normally 

- make sure cloths don't push the watch over the bone wrist during a run

- make sure you have updated your watch on Garmin Express

- make sure you do power OFF/ON sometimes

If you do all this you should be on my same usage and the HR problem is cured for me

• Try to update to 17.26...olso for me with 17.22-17.23 beta all seems better...but once update to the RELEASE CANDIDATE....BAM BAM!!! 

• I am on 17.26 with automatic updates. My Sunday run was perfect in terms of HR.

tomorrow a new run and will confirm here if again ok

• this is my yesterday run. Perfect HR rate on Uphill and Downhill or pace variation

• Twice this week my friend (also a 955) and I had the same experience:

Day 1: Interval workout. HR data seemed more or less as expected for most of the run, however for the last 15-20 minutes during the cool down both of us experienced HR data that was way out of whack (sustained 190+, which would be well above Max HR for both of us) compared to effort

Day 2: Long run, again generally fine for the first 12-ish miles, but again spiked way too high for the last few miles even though RPE did not change

Again, it is interesting that it was almost identical for the two of us.

Running 17.26

Yes, Yes, USA

• check if due to sweat or movement at the end of the run your watch is NOT anymore in the same position as it was when you start your run.

I experienced the same on one of my previous commernt and simply placed back the watch to the right position. 

• Its a fair tip, agreed. But.. running for many many years with these watches and this is a brand new issue, and two of us with almost identical behavior at the same times in our run is odd.

• Sorry, but this is not NORMAL!!