This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Developer criticism for the software in the 955 watch

When do you want to offer such a bugged software? It's like you don't test what you put here at all? We bought these watches for a lot of money and too much time has passed to fix them with your team. Every new version comes with more and more bugs. If you don't like it, put your head down, admit your mistake, and give it to some more skilled developer.

• Right? I can’t believe the chutzpah of those guys. When the rollout stopped at 60% I thought for a moment they had at least a shred of decency and self-awareness left. Silly me.

• The 14.13 take on device the CIQ 4.2.0, so the new IQ System 6.0

This one it's out from beta recently, has a lot of improvement but of course some bugs must be resolved. I have on my device also some bugs, some voice translation are missing, but nothing so serious to prevent its functioning. 

Garmin Developer work hard to give us the best it's possible, and the opposite cannot be said.  However, the company is attentive to what users say and this forum is an example of this. Try to use Chinese device, of course probably there are less bugs, but the complexity and completeness of the data processed by Garmin Device they dream about it. 

Ok there are many bugs in the last version, but I'm sure that within weeks the benefits will be considerable with the new IQ System 6. There are a lot of new functions that I'm really happy to see what's the next.

So I will contribute, with my small help, to report the bugs to the developer when I find it.

•  Nobody has a problem if Garmin update their software system fundamentely. I think we don't have problems with new functions. But there are many people's statements, that the Garmin Forerunner 955 is primarly a premium athlete watch. That is what Garmin tells us. We demand realiable basic functions at first, then training support functions and then IQ addons to individualize personal benefits. And after months we don't have a realible athlete premium watch. You only have to look at the beta program or at this forum.

• In my humble opinion, Garmin wanted to offer a premium watch for high-level athletes, but by wanting to implement so many options he has not known that he is failing in the most basic ones, I think a house is built from below, should start by ordering the firmware well, checking the failures, then implementing with complements consistent with the expectations of the clock and, finally, offering the athlete a worthy watch for the sport that is practical. If it starts with the roof, it is inevitable that your flagship for runners falls apart and has so much criticism. it's my humble opinion. Gentlemen of Garmin, you know how to do it right, you've been in business for many years, you always offer quality products, please don't fail millions of customers.

• I have just 1 simple question: why while trying to solve a bug they make a new bug in a completely different function that previously worked good?

• Console yourself that they also succeeded with 945 a short time ago with running dynamics, the Garmin SW is a Russian roulette Grin

• No entiendo nada. Son más que evidentes los errores de diseño del sw. Se los describimos. Y que ha hecho Garmin? 

• Agreed. Useless for running intervalls after recent update. Pace filter time now set to a minute or so.....

• Unfortunately I am also even more than done with my fr955. Going to return it tomorrow and going to switch to Polar ones. Good luck all! Blame Garmin… Cheers!

• The poor software quality more or less applies to all recent GARMIN watches. Instead of quality, GARMIN does quantity. Only the older watches like FR245 etc are nearly flawless. And even the high-priced ones like MARQ2, Fenix7, Epix2 are full of bugs that aren't fixed after a year. It's a shame that customers spend a lot of money on unripe bananas, and that the customer's banana has to ripen for years...