This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Developer criticism for the software in the 955 watch

When do you want to offer such a bugged software? It's like you don't test what you put here at all? We bought these watches for a lot of money and too much time has passed to fix them with your team. Every new version comes with more and more bugs. If you don't like it, put your head down, admit your mistake, and give it to some more skilled developer.

• I think You´re right! I recently compared my basic F7 with friend´s four-times cheaper T-Rex 2 and I was amzed with GPS tracking! So I strated to wonder, if I need this expensive buggy watch.

But to be honest I like the maps on F7, night HRV trends, very low battery consumption and other functions.. I also know about few bugs, but they are not  bothering me too much with my style of using the watch. I primary run three times a week, some walk, strength trainig and cycling, indoor cycling.

Here on forum, there are many different types of users, each user use specific functions, combinations and find specific bugs. Garmin should be very glad for this valuable informations, we all are super cheap beta testers! Instead of that, we don't even get software fixes, on the contrary, more and more errors are added. It´s such a shame.

I think that the most active users, bug finders, should get their products with discount from Garmin.

• I sent a message to DC rainmaker about this issue, I hope it helps a bit, especially if he decides to make a video about etc. or just contact Garmin.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2022/05/garmin-forerunner-955-solar-review.html/comment-page-2#comment-4229332

• Ray answered: Thanks-

Yeah, I'll be following up with Garmin later today about it during a call. I've been using the Epix as daily driver the last month or two, but still using FR955 as a workout device (secondary for capturing data), and haven't run into any obvious issues, but it seems most of the issues with the 14.13 are more tied to daily usage than workout items.

Either way, on my radar to see what's up.

• I wrote DC rainmaker too. Hopefully his call has an impact to Garmin!

• And the thread is gone :D Probably Garmin did not liked it...

• I've often had problems getting to the end of the string of comments on his site for some reason. It seems to not page later than Aug 10 2022 at the moment on my side. I did leave a comment earlier today also.

• If DC Rainmaker reviews a Garmin watch, he magically never runs into *any* of the bugs. Make of that what you want. There's other reviewers that do their job properly.

• And on the other hand, DCR totally called out all the bugs that he found on the Apple Watch Ultra review, such as a backtrack bug...

• Thank you too!

• If I'm right Garmin now did a 100 % rollout with 14.13!? If this is true they didn't consciously hold back the rollout at 60 % and don't care about our response. Ufff ...