This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Track Run Activity Profile skips Rest or Recover steps when performing a structured workout (Symptoms may include pace & distance discrepancies)

Supposed to be 5x1km,  second time this week (on a separate workout download)  that after the first interval it completely skips the rest portion heading straight into the next km. Lapping the watch puts it forward in to the next rest interval. Pace all over the shop too, showing completely flat for the warm up and cool down. Thia workout has been used before on my fenix 6 pro without a problem. Decided to create a brand new 100m stride session and sync through. Still have the same issue, skips the rest and irregular pacing. Using the new 14.13 software 

• I had exactly the same issue yesterday during my track session. I've double check the work out and it is all correct. All data was useless... luckily I knew the time I had to do every one of the sections so just followed this in the watch.

• Do your GPS tracks look good? Pace is largely calculated based on GPS location so if one is broken so will the other. The weird lapping behavior is definitely a bug

• Track mode so tracking seems great 

• Mine looks good... no issues at all. I am also at the latest firmware...

• For the record, last time I've been at the track my watch had the firmware 4.08 and it was all fine... 

• The issue continues at fw v4.15. Tried this morning at the track:

10' Warm Up (all fine)

7x

300m @ 3'48"/km

1' rest

300m @ 4'04"/km

1' rest

300m @ 3'48"/km

1' rest

5' Cool Down

So this would bring a total of 15x 300m w/ 1' rest between them but the Garmin is making a mess at the rest (skipping) and giving incorrect paces. This should bring me roughly to 7200m (plus some walk during rest time) but the watch marked just over 10km!!

At one point I carried on using the manual lap at the watch but even that was difficult as I had pre-programmed and didn't want to start everything again.

I did some adjustments at Runalyze for my records.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/10475353918

please feel free to take a look, I do give all the necessary permissions.

Last week (same issue) link is https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/10428903798

Kind regards

• I have very similar issue. Observed at least four times. I think the problem is how the device works with prepared workout and its single steps.

• FR 955 solar (14.13)
    • Track mode
    • Preprepared workout

My training (workout) had two sets of 4 kilometers of tempo run (target pace 3:35 - 3:45/km) and 2 kilometers of recovery run. Automatic laps were set to 1000 m. Everything was fine at the beginning of the training - I finished the first 4km section (the section was correctly split into 4 laps of 1000 m each - i.e. 4x 1000 m). and expected a recovery run to follow. However, instead of the recovery section, this section was skipped (it was ended, but counted as finished with the distance of 2 km) and the workout was moved to the next section of the tempo run. The same situation occurred in the second series.

I've been using track mode for a long time and until the update to version 14.13 I had no problem with created workouts.

I ask for a quick fix, because in the last months the updates are full of bugs and with each update new bugs appear.

• I've been doing workouts for a few weeks now and haven't seen anything weird. But, I have not tried a workout in track mode. How are you creating the workouts? I create mine on the fly (Run > Training > Intervals > Structured Repeats) vs in advance and transferring/syncing them to my 955. I've found this functionality to be super convenient and quick. Also, have you tried deleting the folder that has the workouts and then syncing again (watch attached to computer as USB drive) ? Perhaps something has gone awry during firmware upgrades.

p.s if you're using the the track mode, then Track Run > Training > Intervals > Structured Repeats

• It may be a track mode only issue.

I had the workout on my schedule so when I selected Track mode it automatically came as a suggestion for the day... 

It used to work so hopefully Garmin can adjust.

I can already answer the usual questions:

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) British Virgin Islands

Ohh, and there is also a similar issue at another post:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-955-series/323476/track-run-workout-bug-and-total-distance-off

Good luck to all of us...

• has this issue been sorted on yours? I don't have any more track sessions until my next Marathon in 2 weeks or so but as posted the last 2 sessions I did the issue was there...