This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 955 Golf App - Shot measurement and Auto Shot Detection is not working after latest software update.

Forerunner 955 Golf App - Shot measurement and Auto Shot Detection is not working after latest software update. I tried to manually measure a shot but that does not work either.

Top Replies

All Replies

• After so many months of waiting, are we still without a solution? I go back to my apple watch

• This is beyond frustrating. I've tried to be patient, but the fact that this problem has been ignored and unresolved for over 6 months is unacceptable. It was nice when my golf features worked in July and August when I first bought the watch, but I'm extremely disappointed in Garmin. I've only worn a Garmin watch for almost 20 years now, and I'm thinking I may need to go in a different direction. It would be nice if Garmin would offer an upgrade to the 965 watch for those of us who have a 955 (if the golf features even work on thee 965). Even if Garmin had the golf detection feature working as manual rather than auto shot that would have been nice in the meantime.

• Absolutely frustrating! I’ve opened a support ticket and suggested an upgrade to 965 as well but the reply was (translated from Dutch) this will not be a solution for my problem, they expect to fix the issue in a couple of months….

I’m still waiting for a reply on my response that this is absolutely unacceptable and misleading advertisement as autoshot is still mentioned as a feature of the watch.

BTW: has anyone been able to try autoshot on a 965?

• In my ticket quite some time ago Garmin made it pretty clear they don't allow trade in for different watches etc.. I suspect the autoshot wouldn't work on the 965 either since they share the same foundation and exact same golf software and features. But of course can't know for sure yet..Garmin would have to offer that info at this point  By the time the 965s start getting to people maybe they'll have it figured out, since that's about the timing they speak of.  It is a frustrating issue and one of the few that is plaguing all the 955s to my understanding..mine had other things not working as well especially with health tracking and other features, but those were not universal. To be fair, every smart watch I've had has had issues of some sort, either temporarily or just in a "deal with it" level, but this one had the most...probably because I've never had a watch that even tried to do this much stuff. If I had a Samsung Galaxy phone I might try their golf version of the Galaxy watch .. sounds interesting..golf app and better health tracking, but would have to give up a fair bit of battery life and sports function I think.. it's not as tied to Galaxy phones as say the Apple watch is to iphone, but seems like many of the features don't work as well (if at all) on other android devices, so I don't necessarily want to go there.  Anyway, apologies..I digress ..

• Has anybody tried the recent 14.20 release? 

• I will be trying it tomorrow morning.

• It's easy to test at home, but it made no difference to me on 14.20.  I think we need to wait until the next quarterly release.

To test at home, start a round selecting your nearest golf course.  Take a couple swings on a carpet or grass where you strike the ground a little harder than normal (maybe normal depending on how you swing Slight smile).

If you see the Last Shot banner appear at the top of the screen, you know it's working.  If not, it probably isn't.

This is what it looks like when it's working, showing the Last Shot banner (from a different device)

• This update didn't fix the problem for me sadly. 

• so its been 2 months since this last update, but then also well over 7 months since the issue was identified.  Will we ever see a fix? or should we be switching watches? Seems that people in the 945LTE thread with the same issue have installed the beta and got it working again.

• I finally decided to go back to Apple Watch and the ultra is the best.  Definitely Garmin didn’t fulfill my expectations. The product wasn’t bad but the service is awful.  I recommend all the people in this chat to try the new Apple Watch ultra.  It’s an excellent choice for all the golfers.