This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 955 Golf App - Shot measurement and Auto Shot Detection is not working after latest software update.

Forerunner 955 Golf App - Shot measurement and Auto Shot Detection is not working after latest software update. I tried to manually measure a shot but that does not work either.

Top Replies

All Replies

• 14.17 just arrived at my 955. I'll try it soon, but with little hope.

• Release notes do not mention anything about golf so I wouldn't expect it to fix this issue.

• I was lucky. I bought it from a good relation. So no problems there. Shame that a company this big and with such good watches can’t even fix a problem like this in one update months ago. 

• Given the extremely long and completely unacceptable timeframe for fixing this fairly trivial issue, as a fair suggestion, you should really consider to "unlock" the full vector map feature in next update, which hopefully also includes a fix for the auto-shot issue. Many users, including myself, have been suffering from lacking this feature for way too long along with other fairly annoying bugs. As far as I can observe, the lack of full vector map feature is not related to any hardware restrictions, but basically a feature limitation choosen to add.

From my perspective, that would be a simple and fair way to compensate us all .

• This was reported six months ago and still not working. It used to work fine, then clearly an update broke it. The last time I complained i was told the golf feature is not a priority so don't hold your breath.

• an excellent suggestion, but chances are in giving us that they will break something else!

• Am I going to have to go back to the apple watch? of course, it fails less.

• It will be interesting to see if the new 965 inherits the same issue? Since the two watches share so much of the same firmware and software. I guess we'll have to wait until a golfer reviews it. Looks like it's still a month or two until units are shipping for general orders.

• Hello all, 

I am very sorry that this has taken so long to investigate, but we thank you so much for your patience and understanding. We are hoping to fix this in our Q2 software release, and intend to include this in the Beta update that should happen even sooner. I will update this thread once we have another update, or once the Beta is available for enrollment. 

• Same update, different day. Has this autoshot feature been tested and confirmed functioning on the 965? Asking for the countless others who will be moving on from the 955 ASAP.