This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 955 Golf App - Shot measurement and Auto Shot Detection is not working after latest software update.

Forerunner 955 Golf App - Shot measurement and Auto Shot Detection is not working after latest software update. I tried to manually measure a shot but that does not work either.

Top Replies

All Replies

•  while I appreciate you finally breaking silence, unfortunately what you have shared is just not helpful. You guys are literally Garmin, a company with a market cap of 18.95 billion USD.

The Garmin website suggests one of your business values is respect for the customers and after 5 months of not being able to do what I purchased the watch to do, let me be clear, I do not feel respected.

The Garmin website also suggests your vision is for your products to be sought after for their superior quality and best value. At this moment and for my purposes, I can't say I feel Garmin stands for either of these qualities. 

Right now I feel hamstrung because I purchased the watch through a UK based 3rd party retailer who will no doubt say they can't help me with a return based on a software flaw that is supposed to be being worked on.

I've also heard rumors of the FR 965 being launched soon. Please do the right thing and prioritize your existing customers that have already given you their hard earned money.

I hate how much time and energy I've wasted thinking about this issue. Please help us out!

• Spot on! I hope they will listen. 

• I wish Coros would releases a Golf app soon. Only competition can help us here.

• I only bought 955 for the golf features. The software is so buggy that I would recommend coros to anyone who doesn't need golf.

•   Will everyone on here be receiving a free upgrade to the new 965? About 85% of the time I've owned the 955 the golf function hasn't worked, and you haven't provided any believable road forward. 

• Legit request on the replacement ot refund... I've been a long time Garmin user and the 955 has been the buggiest I've ever had, and features I counted on have not worked correctly nearly the entire time I've owned this spendy device. I have opened tickets and done all the troubleshooting and screenshots with support, joined the beta, done factory resets .. seems like some issues like the golf tracking have been the case for most all users, while other issues seem hit and miss per device. Golf and the health metrics are not working right on mine and that's a deal breaker...I can't return the watch to retailer at this point, so it's in Garmin's court .. after multiple issues and weren't being fixed over the months, I politely but flat out asked support for a replacement .. I spent a lot of money on the 955 Solar .. it's not working right .. I'm not sure what the threshold is before they replace or refund.

• Sadly Garmin is not meeting our expectations.  I have no idea why it's a problem.  It wasn't a problem until updates. Are there other Garmin watches having same issues or just 955. If others are not ,offer an exchange of equal to or greater than . Fix or make it right. 

• I don't understand how it has taken over 6months not to find the core issue. Surely as a multi billion dollar company you would have thought to just cross reference the similar code from the other devices using the same program to find out what doesn't quite add up. The only reason I bought this watch was for running and golf as I do both regularly and wanted all those extra for the golf. If I knew it didn't work before I had bought it I would have bought something completely different. 

There should be a team dedicated to fixing this issue as it's one of your top spec watches which isn't working!!

• Hello. Following this thread. I recently purchased the Forerunner 955 and the golf features (specifically the club tracking) were one of the reasons I bought it. Hope it gets resolved sooner than later. Did not know this issue was going on because it would have definitely influenced my buying decision. 

• 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. USA