This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No HR marker in the glance (sw versions 12.20, 12.23, and 12.25)

Installed the 12.23 there is no marker in the HR glance due to incorrect graph which show the range 17 to 35( see the screen shots).

I don't believe anyone can have that range :)

I wonder how many have this issue?

It was reported six day ago, didn't make it into the fix.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-955-series/306683/no-indicator-in-heat-rate-after-updated-into-fw12-23

•  Please provide screenshots (Capturing a Screenshot on a Garmin Watch) and confirm we have consent to view/access your Garmin Connect account.

• Thanks , that is how I recalled it. 

• I have old screen shots with the plot ; as you can see the graph changes as necessary. With the 12.20 and on it is stuck at 17-35 range. You get the marker if you hit the zone 1; the marker appears. Since this is a glance more likely is to be used when not exercising.

• Maybe the watch is not identifying the user max HR correctly? Thus the wrong range.

This could be related to the training effect.

• yes, you have permission.   (for some reason, i can't view the BMP file generated on my Mac and it doesn't seem to want to attach here. even though i took it and transferred it using the Android Transfer tool)

i'm trying to attach it here, but i am also going to insert a photo taken via my phone.

• My HR Max is autodetected by the watch at 187bpm .for Zones and Running Zone. My training effect look good on mine Slight smile  ; the runs are labelled as they should be: zone 1 run - recovery, zone 2 - Base, and so on. What I don't see is much change in VO2 Max.

• The Bar is actually there, your heart rate is too low on the graph to be displayed.  To test, do jumping jacks to get your heart rate above 100 and you will see the vertical bar return.  Then as your heart rate begins to fall, the bar will gradually move left until no longer displayed on the screen.   

• Understood, but that is different than the implementation in 11.12 which , as Derek87 indicated above, showed the Bar at the far left of the scale if one isn't in one of the bands. It seems to be a better implementation like that and looks better ...I suppose as with all things depending on one's view ....but really for them to have spent time making that change and then missing all the fundamental issues is mind boggling to say the least!

• Totally understand where you are coming from. It’s clear that the at a glance is not functioning in a useful manner. I was just surprised to see that bar reappear after 2 weeks after thinking it was gone completely.

My reasoning for sharing what was a new discovery for me, was to possibly help the issue be better understood.  

• It was there, after the update it was missing. I am now with 12.25