This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No HR marker in the glance (sw versions 12.20, 12.23, and 12.25)

Installed the 12.23 there is no marker in the HR glance due to incorrect graph which show the range 17 to 35( see the screen shots).

I don't believe anyone can have that range :)

I wonder how many have this issue?

It was reported six day ago, didn't make it into the fix.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-955-series/306683/no-indicator-in-heat-rate-after-updated-into-fw12-23

• . Please see this Garmin Video on the 955 at around 1:27 it shows the glances and you can (momentarily) see the HR Glance with the Heart Rate Marker as  shows on his watch which is still on 11.XX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcHHgZwdK2A

• I don't get what is the issue still. I think what Garmin-Kevin showed in the pictures explained to whole thing already.

That video shows 88 HR, it might be just in the Zone 1 and the marker is shown, or previous firmware showed the marker always in the end of zone 1, which can be argued to be a bug if the HR is under the Zone 1, the marker should not be there and visible as it's out of range.

The marker comes when your HR is at least in the Zone 1.

• That we all know BUT the implementation under 11.xx was nicer (better) to the eye and ties in with the other glances . It didn’t need to to changed. I was just showing that in the official Garmin Video it supported that in 11.xx the marker was there … as simple as that was just trying to be helpful.

• Can't say that based on that video, that 88 could be in Zone 1 for that user. I don't understand how it ties with in the other glances, there are multiple glances without markers. My training readiness doesn't have marker, Steps/Stress/Pulse Ox/... doesn't have markers.

This is so minor thing that apparently all the other issues have been fixed that we can nag Garmin about some UI element marker which in my opinion is now logical. Marker shows if it's in the range.

• Can agree to disagree on the marker.

But the y-axis is really an eye sore and unpolished for such a premium watch.

I know it's non critical. But it won't be difficult to change the code either.

• Yeah, same here but as it's more by design it seems... I understand the rationale behind both, but for myself it would still make sense to always show the marker and just put it waaaay left when outside Z1 (maybe in a different color, or dashed or something to indicate it's actually outside).

But not really an issue either way for me.

Oh, the y-axis in the graph is off here too. goes up to 37 while my max is 75 over the last 4 hrs and avg 47 or so? (Assuming that is what the first value at the left displays). But the fact that I only noticed it after seeing it mentioned here also tells me it's not on my high priority annoyance list ;)

• Just to add. I'm on 11.12.

Training readiness has a marker. 

On a 2nd thought, what's the point of showing a gauge if there is no marker ? Bars gauge with no marker is meaningless.

For sleep and stress, they are not gauges. The length has meaning.

I don't add steps and stress.

Lol I know this is more aesthetic. But I bet Apple watch users are laughing at Garmin.

• It has marker when it has number, but when the day changes and you are on "sleep mode", it does not have marker.

• I see. I didn't notice that.

Probably good to provide a message "Data not ready" when there is no number.

I feel bars gauge with no marker is totally meaningless.

I hope Garmin can polish them.

• Yeah, I haven't noticed that either but that conversation was happening on right time and didn't much think about it that it was off from how it usually looks.