This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 resets when stop pushed in open water swim

Just started recently where during an open water swim and I push stop watch goes blank then the triangle and it takes time to load. Luckily I don't lose my swim but lose time stopping for a bit longer than I'd like since it's reloading. 

• i've had this happen to me twice now.  First was 5 weeks ago, second time was this morning.  I've only had my 945 for 2 months.

• Hi, 

I started to swim in the lake with my 945 triathlon edition.

out of 4 swims it happened each and every time.

not happening when pressing the lap button.

it is annoying but the data is safely saved after the reboot.

in case you want to simulate a race transition might be an issue since you want to wait till reboots before starting a new activity.

I hope garmin will fix this soon.

best,

riccardo 

• I had this issue with my 945 which was still under guarentee.After contact with Garmin Support Center.I took it to service and upgrade with brand new fenix 6 pro.But It's just 1 week old and same issue occurs.

It's obvious from downloading the map update and software.It's not the product issue (Garmin support Center replied me 'It sounds like it could possible have water in the device.') 

I hope they will fix it soon with a new update.

• again thid morning

2km open water swim about 35 minutes

as soon as i hit stop button (i use pause along the swim) - triangle > reboot > activity save

• Same sh...t happens to me. It always loses some distance though. It looks like it is a common issue, but IMHO Garmin would not give a f...k in a most political way possible :) 

• I also see this for pool swims. Last 2 times I swam at my pool I finished the session and watch reboots.

• Hello all!  

Thank you for your participation in this forum thread.  So that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. Was a chest strap Heart Rate Monitor paired to the watch during these Open Water Swims?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    3. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    4. In what country do you live?
    1. Was a chest strap Heart Rate Monitor paired to the watch during these Open Water Swims? No
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you? Yes
    3. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account? Yes
    4. In what country do you live? Australia
    1. Was a chest strap Heart Rate Monitor paired to the watch during these Open Water Swims? No
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you? Yes
    3. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account? Yes
    4. In what country do you live? U.S.
  • Hello ,

Please e-mail me also on this matter. See below the answers : 

1. Was a chest strap Heart Rate Monitor paired to the watch during these Open Water Swims? - No
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you? - Yes 
    3. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account? - Yes
    4. In what country do you live? - the Netherlands