This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 resets when stop pushed in open water swim

Just started recently where during an open water swim and I push stop watch goes blank then the triangle and it takes time to load. Luckily I don't lose my swim but lose time stopping for a bit longer than I'd like since it's reloading. 

• I have the LTE 945 and just started open water swimming and have the same thing going on. Press the stop button, goes blank then triangle. I seem to lose about 100 yards logged. I have LTE off due to being out of the US at the moment.

• This morning on my ocean swim activity this happened also. I had already stopped it twice at different points over a 45 minute swim however the 3rd time it went to triangle reset after pressing stop. It came back to the activity upon startup though the activity GPS did not continue, the stroke and distance yes just my map did not record the rest of the swim. Its a new bug. 

• Just did it to me again as I was attempting to stop my open water swim once complete. Had to stand there and wait as the triangle appeared and sat there for a minute before reloading everything. 

• Same here, just started about a month ago.  I'm concerned this is going to happen at my upcoming triathlon.

• Be sure it will happen... I had same issue during my first open water swim in new 945 watch - triangle , reboot, etc. And yesterday it happened during my triathlon race - out of the water I pressed lap button to switch to transition and it started to reload . I was just furious . 

• It happened today on my 945.
    It returned to the same status as before the reset, but it lost my swim's last lap/leg.

• I submitted the issue to garmin support today , let's see what they say.  

• I had the same issue for last 3 weeks.Today I reset my garmin 945 and after i tried open water swimming and stop and restart in the middle of my training there was no problem.I think the issue was about downloading the maps and there was a bug in open water.I highly recommend reseting your garmin 945.

• This worked for me for a couple weeks, then it started happening again.

• Well folks , Garmin answered. They didn't propose any issue fixation guide or actions , neither they elaborated on potential cause - whether this is software issue or a flaw. What they offered straight away is to replace the watch , BUT : 

Your device may be replaced with a newly overhauled (NOH) device. This is a unit that has been returned to Garmin for a factory overhaul. NOH units undergo intensive testing to meet the same specifications as newly manufactured units and to ensure our high quality standards.

The replacement of your device usually takes place within 5 to 15 working days. We always need your device before a replacement device can be sent.

Such cases. 1-3 weeks without the watch + they nay send second hand watch at unknown condition, while my watch is brand new. 

Do you think this is OK service?