This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin forerunner 955

Hello guys, so I'm thinking buying a Forerunner 945 but I also would like to wait for 955 if is coming out soon. Does anyone know when is it coming out? Thank you. 

• Announced in Jan 2019 perhaps, but it wasn't really readily available for purchase until April of 2019. I was waiting for it and picked one up near the end of April.

• Would that be before or after the Fenix 7 Ultra? ;-) 

Could be before but it could be after ;-)

We're all free to speculate on what and what might not be included and when any new device might be released. These speculations are probably the most interesting part of the forum. I'm happy to just wait and see what tomorrow brings, or next week. I generally have a weakness for new tech so will likely be the first in line for a replacement for my F6 - I've moved out of the 945 line for now. That said I was slow moving to the 935 from my 920XT because it was seemed that the WHR was not all it should have been. Nice to see the progress that has been made with WHR and that was obvious as the 935 matured. Although I do know there are some will vehemently disagree that any improvements have been made.

I would monitor the forum to see and, depending on the feedback,

I would avoid the forums and just go buy one and have fun. The forums get too depressing to make rational decisions. Of course there are some watches that really do have problems and need replacing but all too often the problem is not a watch issue.

Besides, it much more exciting being at the bleeding edge of technology.

• Blessed are you who have the money to try all the news Blush

• I have had a 735tx for 3 years and it is starting to get tired. it still works well but I am waiting for the release of the 955. Paying full price for the 945 which is 2 years old does not make sense. It has not lowered the price for 2 years. I can wait a few more months. The 935 is priced at $ 379 (CAD) the 945 is at $ 829 (CAD), so the 955 should come out at $ 899 (CAD)?

• Please, fortunated ones, try all the latest, and if it's disappointing, put it up for sale for half the price.  ;-)

• Sorry. My mistake available 1st of May.

• I've had a 935 for years, used it regularly and found it to be in no way a mess. So good in fact that I still have no need to upgrade it.

• Garmin Forerunner 955

We do not allow posting about unannounced products if they go into specifics or contain dates. We will continue to delete all specific posts that speculate about any non-officially announced product.