This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When are Garmin going to fix this ridiculous Jaybird Bug

Hi everyone,

putting this out there as normally when I encounter a bug I just give it a bit of time and its usually fixed in the next release but this issue where Garmin seems to have cocked up the BT connection to Jaybird headphones has been going for months now. They seem to have messed it up around Sensor Hub 5.3 and its not wired properly since and from what I can see people are having the same or similar issues.

Some of the things I've tried are deleting the headphones from the watch, factory resetting the headphones, deleting Spotify and reinstalling. Occasionally doing all this seems to fix the issue for a few runs but then it suddenly just starts again and it becoming really annoying!

For the record, I have the following issue:

Garmin 945, Jaybird Vista and Spotify

Run with one headphone when running

Music plays fine if just stream music, but as soon as I start an activity it times out at almost exactly 5 minutes (though this time has changed sometimes!). Turning off the headphones and turning back on seems to fix for another five minutes but if for example I try to reconnect from the watch instead of turning headphones off, the headphones say 'connected' but nothing plays so you press play on the headphone and you just get white noise which I gather is jus the bluetooth playing when there is no actual signal?

Anyone found any better solutions though I cant think anything can fix it besides Garmin pulling their finger out:(

• Oh well don't have to worry about the connection issue now, the Jaybird Tarah Pro don't even power on now. Also no LED light flashing when connected to the USB charger. Only had them for about 2 months, back to the shop to get them replaced now :-/

• I wrote to Jaybird support about this. They told me to disconnect my earplugs from my PHONE, restart, and reconnect earplugs again to the phone... 

• Hello everyone, we are aware of this issue. We are working towards a resolution that should be implemented with the next software update pending final testing. 

• Thats great Garmind-Brooks. Any idea on a rough time frame for the next Beta which hopefully addresses this?

• Hi I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. My 945 is running software version 5.50. I've reset my Jaybird Vistas to factory default settings and reconnected them to the 945. During an activity they work for a few minutes before I get a disconnected message. Reconnecting is then necessary. Even though it then says connected the music does not then play. If I then leave it a bit and then go back in to music it says disconnected and the cycle begins again! This is very frustrating as the Vistas work with every other piece of equipment perfectly just not my 945 (which is what I need it to work with most of all!)

Has anyone that has raised a ticket with Garmin heard back from them yet regarding this issue?

• This did it!!!! Jaybird Vistas now connected my FR945 using the new BETA 6.04!

• Actually wait... now I can connect and play music for approx. 10 min before I drop the connection. Not fixed, sorry all Disappointed

• I have zero issues when I strictly follow the process of 

1) Jaybirds in charging box

2) Turn off phone bluetooth

3) Jaybirds out of charging box

4) Connect to watch

If I do anything other than that, issues seem to pop up.

Cheers

• Forerunner 245 Music here with Jaybird Vista wireless earbuds. I updated my watch to 6.04 beta, which listed a fix for connection issues with Jaybird Vistas. No dice. I updated the watch, went for a 30-minute run with 5-minute warm up and cool down. Connection with earbuds dropped four times. It may just be a coincidence, but changing how I reconnect to the earbuds seemed to affect how long the connection was maintained.

First two drops: About 4-6 minutes of playtime before connection failure. Reconnected by pressing Play button in the music controls and earbuds would reconnect automatically.

On third drop, I used Play button to re-establish connection again but only the right earbud would play music, so I did the following: 

1. Hold Up button to get to the watch menu > Music > Headphones > Jaybird Vista
    2. At this point the Status toggle was ON/green because the right earbud had a connection. I toggled this to OFF/gray, and the earbuds disconnected. Toggled back to ON/green and both earbuds immediately reconnected and music played again.

Above actions held a connection for about 10 minutes, then connection failure a fourth time. I did the modified connection method explained above again, and my earbuds remained connected for the remainder of my activity (~15 min). Again, could be a coincidence, and not a satisfactory long-term fix, but worth a try for now.