This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BT headphones keep disconnecting from 945. New issue!

As of Saturday, my 945 keeps disconnecting from my Jaybird Vista earphones. Haven't had this problem at all during the 2/3 months I've had the watch. The music goes off, then the headphones say disconnected and it shows disconnected on the watch. Pressing play on the watch then reconnects them. It can happen every 5 minutes or sometimes not for 20 minutes but ultimately it just keeps happening and I have to give up and use the phone instead. I wear the watch on my left wrist and the bt unit is in the right ear pod, so on Sunday I put the watch on my right wrist - makes no difference. Firmware on watch is up to date, and after my running on Saturday I also updated the firmware on the earphones. Did a LOT of running on Saturday and Sunday and this was constant. Help! :-)

• I have been having the same issue with my Jaybird Vista Ear buds and my 945. It was fixed for awhile after I removed the device from the 945. It recently started happening again. I play music that is stored locally on the watch. It is not the ear buds because I went for a 1.5 hour ride with the earbuds connected to phone and they played music the entire time. The next day I did a 5 mile run with the ear buds connected to the watch and it disconnected after 15 minutes and would continually disconnect. I am now running version 6.2 on my Garmin. I am going to try and remove and add the device again but this is getting so annoying. I really wish Garmin would get this figured out or work with Jaybird to figure it out. 

• Btw I exchanged my headphones for a new pair a while ago now and it hasn’t occurred once so far, including a 7 hour run that used them on for most of it.

not much help I know! 

• Just got a new pair of Jaybird Tarah Pro and the issue is happening to me. Connection lasts between 2 and 10 minutes before dropping. 945 on Firmware v6.20 and BT v6.11

• I am still not having been able to use my jaybird vista earphones. Just with my garmin 945. And Garmin still does not solved this. This is just unacceptable.

• Recently I'm not having any problems with drops with my Jaybird Tarah Pro. Do you also run with your phone? 

• This was without a phone. 

• I also have severe problems with Forerunner 945 and Jaybird vista. Jaybird Vista works fine when using the phone but when playing offline Spotify with Forerunner 945 it keeps dropping the connection. This as other people mention work totally fine half a year ago. Please take action Garmin since you have not solved this problem.

• I decided to force a firmware update on my jaybird vista ear buds even though they were already up tod date. That has seemed to fix the issue. It has been a little over a month and I have not had a single drop and I have done runs and rides well over an hour. 

I also know turn off my other blue tooth enabled devices before connecting to my 945. I can't say that I have not correlated that to the issue but I do it anyway. 

Let me know if that works for any one else.

• I have tried forcing firmware update, I have repaired, I have disabled all other BT connectivity. It does not help.

• I have tried this today, force a firmware update and still no success. Almost a year has passed and garmin didn't fix this. It's Just unacceptable.