This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BT headphones keep disconnecting from 945. New issue!

As of Saturday, my 945 keeps disconnecting from my Jaybird Vista earphones. Haven't had this problem at all during the 2/3 months I've had the watch. The music goes off, then the headphones say disconnected and it shows disconnected on the watch. Pressing play on the watch then reconnects them. It can happen every 5 minutes or sometimes not for 20 minutes but ultimately it just keeps happening and I have to give up and use the phone instead. I wear the watch on my left wrist and the bt unit is in the right ear pod, so on Sunday I put the watch on my right wrist - makes no difference. Firmware on watch is up to date, and after my running on Saturday I also updated the firmware on the earphones. Did a LOT of running on Saturday and Sunday and this was constant. Help! :-)

• Hi

1) Random.
    2) Not so far.
    3) It disconnects. It says "Not connected".
    4) Both indoors and outdoors.

Thanks.

• further to my previous response i have tested today - it happened almost immediately without any activity running and whilst I was indoors, so it happens indoors and out and with and without an activity.

• 1) When I have this issue, I usually follow the suggestion found on this forum and things get back to normal for two weeks or three, but then the issue comes back again and I have to repeat the troubleshoot sequence. I don't know what is really effective  to solve the issue, but I usually do these things: remove the vista from the watch menu and add them again as sensor. Then unpair and pair again also with the phone. Sunday I run one hour and a half with the Vistas and I didn't have any problem for the whole run. It was about two weeks that I didn't have any disconnection. But yesterday It happened again, I went running and after starting the activity, it disconnected after about 5 minutes. When the earbuds disconnect, they usually disconnect after 5 minutes, but it could also be a shorter or a longer time. But usually when I have this problem, after the activity, I repeat the troubleshoot sequence and then I don't have problem usually for at least one-two weeks, so in my case I experience the issue every two-three weeks. But after the disconnection and before the troubleshoot sequence, if I put the earbuds in the case again and try to pair them again, they disconnect after few seconds (sometimes after few minutes). It's not possible any more to have a stable connection.

2) I only use the Vista when I run and connected with the watch. When I run I don't have the phone with me. The Vistas  are also paired with the phone, but only because I want to look at the Vista Android app. I will try tomorrow to use the Vistas outside an activity and I will see if it happens in the same way. I tried one month ago and they disconnected also outside an activity. If I connect the Vista with the phone or with the TV, the earbuds have no disconnection.

3) When the connections is lost, the watch say "disconnected". The earbuds don't connect again with the watch on their own, but I have to press the music button and force the connection. But the disconnection in this case occurs immediately (after few seconds or after few minutes). In the past I tried to connect three or for times, now I don't even try to reconnect because I know that the problem would occur again after few minutes.

4) For sure it happens outdoor where there are no radio interference. I don't run indoor, but last month I tried to simulate an indoor activity and it disconnected nevertheless.

The troubleshoot sequence that I usually use (it's a bit of time that I don't use it any more, so I have to search again in this forum the suggestion here in the forum of the other users) works but only for two-three weeks, then I have to repeat the process again.

• I’ve removed the headphones from the watch, reset the headphones, turned the watch off and on again. Re added them.

Went for a run tonight and it disconnected in 10 minutes and then constantly every 2 minutes for another 30 minutes until I gave up and used the phone instead.

• I had the problem before and I solved by unpair the earphones and turning off the watch and pairing the earbuds again. After this last firware upade, I start having the same problems again, but the unpair and turning off had not solved my the connection problem this time. I have tested like the other guys here. I hope garmin solve this.

• the last 2 runs on the new fw i have troubles too, both times i have removed my Jabra 65t, switched off the watch, added the headphones and paired again, before 6.20 i never had troubles!

• Just posted on other similar tread: It seems I fixed the issue ... after some trial and errors. Under update 6.2, I completely erased and reloaded Sprotify (had to reload all my playlists). Once that completed, I restarted my 945 (turned off than on) and boom voilà! Jaybird Vista and 945 is now working seamlessly. Did a few 12k runs since and ... not one bluetooth drop out. I’m no expert here so take this with a grain of salt but that sequence worked for me. Hope this helps, cheers!

• the last 2 runs on the new fw i have troubles too, both times i have removed my Jabra 65t, switched off the watch, added the headphones and paired again, before 6.20 i never had troubles!

my mistake, I forgot that I have now connected my Jabras to the mobile phone too,
    when I turn off BLT on my cell phone, the Jabras with firmware 6.20 pairing works perfectly

• I had my headphones replaced. I've used them for 20 miles of running so far without any problems.

•  I continued to test in these days.

Saturday I did a long run about 1h40minutes long and I had no disconnection.

In the afternoon I listened to music with the Vista connected with the watch and no issues.

Yesterday again I tested outside an activity and no issues.

Today I tested before the activity and I had a disconnection after about 5 minutes.

Then I started the activity and again I had a disconnection after about 5 minutes. Then I tried again to connect but I had disconneciton after few seconds. The second time appeared also a strange message where the menu displayed my other earbuds but could not see the Vista, instead could see a radar (this is the Garmin Variaradar that I use only with bike, I never have the Varia radar when running. Strange! I attach screenshot where you can see that for a moment the watch could see the radar and the Sennheiser Momentum True wireless earbuds, but the Vista didn't appear in the menu. After few seconds the radar disappeared and I could see the Vista again.