This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BT headphones keep disconnecting from 945. New issue!

As of Saturday, my 945 keeps disconnecting from my Jaybird Vista earphones. Haven't had this problem at all during the 2/3 months I've had the watch. The music goes off, then the headphones say disconnected and it shows disconnected on the watch. Pressing play on the watch then reconnects them. It can happen every 5 minutes or sometimes not for 20 minutes but ultimately it just keeps happening and I have to give up and use the phone instead. I wear the watch on my left wrist and the bt unit is in the right ear pod, so on Sunday I put the watch on my right wrist - makes no difference. Firmware on watch is up to date, and after my running on Saturday I also updated the firmware on the earphones. Did a LOT of running on Saturday and Sunday and this was constant. Help! :-)

• I had the same issue after updating to firmware 5.30 in all the first run. I tried many things to solve the issue, and finally it went away and now everything is normal like before. I don't know what was successful in solving the issue, but I describe to you what I did:

1- reset the watch (20 seconds press of light button). This didn't seem to solve the issue.

2- resetting the Jbird Vista (you can see in the manual of the Vistas how to do it, a 20 seconds earbud press is the most radical reset)

3- I went in the menu of the watch. I removed the Vista frome the menu of the sensors. Then I added them again doing  the pairing from scratch.

Now they are working good as before, no disconnection whatsoever

• thank you so much - I'll do it all!!!! :-)

• Seems to possibly be a Jaybird Vista specific issue (or at least most common).  I had the same problem with all versions from 5.15 BETA through 5.30 official release.  The 5.32 Beta seemed to fix it, so hopefully the 5.4 release will be good as well.  I just updated, but haven't had time to test yet.  

• Having the same issue with Vista and 945 since 5.3 update. Still having issue with 5.4 update today. Tried resetting watch to no avail. 

I’ve always had issue with cutout after 15 or so minutes of running that only corrects if I pause the music for 10 seconds and reconnect, not it just disconnects and doesn’t like reconnecting. What is it with the Vistas and the 945. Vistas work 100% with a phone. And the vistas have BT receiver in both L and R buds, it should be amazing reception with no dropouts. 

• Same experience for me. 5.32 was working. But the problem is back with 5.40. :(

• Happened constantly on my long run today despite doing everything suggested. 

• Just realised 5.50 is available so I’ve installed it and will test it now just in the house 

• Sigh. From the other thread

i tried resetting everything as well, no avail

“Clarification: For those of you who received 5.40 this update only includes the following:

Addressed an issue that caused VO2 Max update and Training Status to not update”

• Today was a new issue as well - actually had poor bt reception in one ear - cracking etc on and off as well as the total disconnection.

I assume there is no way to roll back the firmware?

updated to 5.50 and the crackling issue was there right away. 

• I’ve submitted a fault ticket.