This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BT headphones keep disconnecting from 945. New issue!

As of Saturday, my 945 keeps disconnecting from my Jaybird Vista earphones. Haven't had this problem at all during the 2/3 months I've had the watch. The music goes off, then the headphones say disconnected and it shows disconnected on the watch. Pressing play on the watch then reconnects them. It can happen every 5 minutes or sometimes not for 20 minutes but ultimately it just keeps happening and I have to give up and use the phone instead. I wear the watch on my left wrist and the bt unit is in the right ear pod, so on Sunday I put the watch on my right wrist - makes no difference. Firmware on watch is up to date, and after my running on Saturday I also updated the firmware on the earphones. Did a LOT of running on Saturday and Sunday and this was constant. Help! :-)

• Ran for an hour today - it worked perfectly!!!

• Did my second run today since updating to 5.50 - 34 minute run and no disconnections. 

• On 5.5. Connection dropped out 3.5 minutes into run. Got it to reconnect 3 more times for 1-3.5 minutes at a time. Still broken. Still extremely frustrated. I will open a ticket as well

• SUPPORT CENTER
    CHAT
    Session started between Blaine and Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza

Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:I am using my forerunner 945 over a year with my earbuds wireless phone jaybird vista normally, but about 2 weeks ago every time I try to run with them the phones keeps disconnecting. I have notice this only happens when I am doing an activity. When I am using my phones with my watch just to list music, it runs perfectly. I have both devices firmware up to date. Searching the internet, it seems others garmins users is having the same problem that it starts with the last watch firmware update.
    Blaine:Hi. I’ll be happy to help you.
    Blaine:What is the email address associated with your Garmin Account?
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:[email protected]
    Blaine:Thank you. So this issue only happens specifically during activities?
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:It seems so, yeah
    Blaine:Okay, do you notice any issues when connecting your headphones to other Bluetooth devices or is it only happening when connected to the watch?
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:Only with the watch. With my cell phone it's just fine
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-945/245427/bt-headphones-keep-disconnecting-from-945-new-issue
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:other users are having the same problem
    Blaine:Okay, do you have any other sensors paired to your watch?
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:only my hear rate monitor
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:*heart
    Blaine:Okay, is there any point in the run in which you notice that the disconnection? Or does it happen at random? For example during the beginning, middle or end of an activity?
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:In the beginning. But cant took 1 minute, 3 minute, 4 minutes.... but always at the beginning and then it keeps connecting and disconnecting, but when it is connect, doesnt play any sound or music.... just keeps disconnecting and connecting
    Blaine:Okay, thank you. Here is what I would like you to do, please start by fully removing the wireless headphones from your watch please. Press and hold the Up button>select Music in the menu>select Headphones please
    Blaine:In the menu>please select each sensor individually then select Remove
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:I already did that.. remove it individually and paried again... same problem
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:and had the earbuds factory reset too, same problems
    Blaine:Okay, have you tried switching the wrist you wear the watch on to determine if the connectivity improves? Depending on the side of the receiver is on from the headphones it can help the maintain the connection
    Blaine:Alternatively, do you have other headphones we would be able to pair with your watch?
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:no but i can tried, I dont think this is the problem. I have been using both devices over a year with no problems at all. this is only happend after last watch firmware update
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:yes, i have others earbuds, but even if the others earbud mainting connection, it doesnt solve the jaybird vista problem that i have been using over a year
    Blaine:I have the same exact model of watch and ear buds and personally I have not encountered these issues with the connectivity. Where are you located?
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:I can try using the other earbuds just to check if its a problem with jaybird vista
    Fabio Pereira Lima de Souza:Brazil, but i sent you a link from garmin forum with other user having the same problems
    Blaine:I would certainly try other models of headphones to determine if results vary. With this model of headphone specifically, we do not have any reports of this issue. However, the good news is that all other sensors appear to stay connected like your chest strap. From this point, I would advise that you contact Garmin Brazil to determine what else can be done to support your issue, you have reached Garmin in the United States.
    Type Message Here:
  • It seems garmins doesn't care about our problems.

• Working through a ticket with them right now, they pulled all the files off my watch and are now asking serial number. At first they sounded dismissive since the Vistas aren’t on the compatibility list, but now seems like they are trying to help.

• Good to hear.   Point them here if they want more data.  I'm glad to share files as well.

• Just adding a plus one. Have version 5.5, just got the headphones so can't say they ever worked. Disconnected 2-3 times early in the run, then fine for 30 minutes, then starting to disconnect again. I got a feeling they disconnected when i passed someone, like the watch tried to pair with something else nearby. The lonely part of my run was fine.

• I almost never pass other runners, so that seems unlikely to be the cause in my case.  Unless I'm picking up BT signals from inside houses (seems unlikely).  I did a test run with only the left earbud.  Same issues, with the added bit that the volume control didn't work.   Will try again with just the right earbud.  Who knows at this point.  I've done multiple resets/repairing of the watch + earbuds, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. 

• Same here with a jaybird tarah pro. Jabra Elite active 65 working fine, though