This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta - Forerunner 945 5.09 now available!

Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.09:

• Added support for Daily Suggested Workouts, which are recommended based on previous activities. You can disable this from activity settings. (Run/Bike > Menu > Training > Workouts > Today's Suggestion.)
  • Added support for the Track Run activity, which allows you to record outdoor track data, including lap splits and distance in meters, on a standard shape 400m track.
  • Added support for Improved Recovery Time, which takes your stress, sleep, relaxation, and physical activity into consideration.
  • Added support for Bouldering and Indoor Climb activity profiles.
  • Added support for Grit and Flow features for mountain biking activities. Grit measures the overall difficulty of a ride, and Flow measures how well you maintain your speed throughout the ride.
  • Improved optical heart rate performance.
  • Updated the look of the Alarm screen.
  • Updated the main workout data screen to indicate High, Low, or In Range for the current target.
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_509Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the GUP3114.GCD and 006B310705.GCD into the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-500.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-500.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  6. To downgrade your peripheral software, place the GUP3114-604.GCD and the 006B310705-440.GCD from the RemoteSW\Downgrades folder into your device's \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder.
  • I initially had an issues connecting to my RD Pod and Stryd sensor after upgrading. I had to remove and re-add them to the watch before they would connect. The first time i tried to re-add the RD Pod the watch power cycled on it's own. The second time it appeared to add without any issues. I didn't test on an activity yet. Will try tomorrow. For reference I did 2 activities after the upgrade but before removing and re-adding and neither device would connect.

• I got stryd and core temperature estimation configured and  working. But had to restart the watch because of stryd app error.  No idea if both are related. 

• Thought we are talking about a sport watch. Slight smile

• I still can't add second CIQ field to Activity. Problem exists from earlier beta/ FW 5.0. I must reset activity to default settings and begin from scratch. But...  but sometimes one of the CIQ fields disappears after starting an activity and instead of it i see stoper field.

• I always can’t understand why Garmin doesn’t punish developers for not providing proper changelogs. It’s the same on firmware like on apps. 

Quoting from the F6 changelog:

• Added support for configuring non-zero power averaging for Biking activities. (Activity Settings > Power Averaging)

This is also on Forerunner 945. 

• Added support for the Track Run activity, which allows you to record outdoor track data, including lap splits and distance in meters, on a standard shape 400m track.

Do I understand correctly that track lengths other than 400 m are not supported yet? Unfortunately, in my hometown, most tracks (in school areas) has weird lengths - like 200 m, 300 m or even 270 m :(

• I would like to say "Thank you" to Dev Team, since FW 5.00, the F945 works very well from my point of view :
    - run, trail, bicycle with navigation activated, home trainer and swim (and Triathlon)
    - I used Stryd for Power and to have a better accuracy in pace min/km

Maybe because I don't use : Wifi, SPO2, no third party watch face, Music, Headset, Garmin Pay (because no contract between Caisse d'Epargne and Garmin France)

Now, it should be great to have some new feature for advanced runners :
    - A full Stryd data integration (like Coros realesed)
    - Added training on Garmin Connect based on Power

I think Garmin are working on Run Power integration like Polar for Forerunner 955 ?
    I hope they proposed at least, a Stryd integration with F945 :-)

For the moment, I'm waiting the finalised version of FW 5.09 and I cross finger for no issue or regression.

• Bieg / Rower> Menu> Trening> Treningi> Dzisiejsze sugestie

nie mam tego u siebie ;/

• Ale masz pomiar mocy?

• What would a full Stryd integration give you that the current Stryd CIQ app does not give you ?