This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 SW 5.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile pending rollout. 

Change log

• Added support for FE-C and Smart Trainer control. See options in Bike Indoor activity.
  • Added support for workout videos. The video files can be downloaded via Garmin Express or over WiFi. These videos will display when using an MSN workout that supports them. Download MSN workouts through Garmin Connect.
  • Added support for displaying courses to viewers of the user's LiveTrack sessions. Various other LiveTrack improvements
  • Added in-place editing of data fields
  • Added the Pause Training Status feature. Allows the user to suppress some training status feedback phrases and trends. Access the options from the Training Status widget menu or within Garmin Connect.
  • Added additional options to Live Event Sharing. Triggers added for Every Mile and Transitions (allowing for multisport use)
  • Numerous improvements to music experience, usability, and WiFi
  • Improved Incoming Call handling
  • Fixed problem with device spinning/freezing on activity save due to unintentional file build-up. Note: device will need to sync to Garmin Connect after software update to resolve this issue
  • Fixed problem where certain user's maps took an excessive amount of time to load on boot and were generally sluggish in use
  • Greatly improved Around Me search times
  • Updated numerous widgets to improve usability and look
  • Fixed inability of device to record longest swim PR
  • Moved Recovery HR to option on save/discard screen
  • Updated post-activity summary pages
  • Improvements to segments handling
  • Improvements/fixes for on-device weather. Fix instances of missing data.
  • Improvements to phone connectivity
  • Fixed HRV stress page layout
  • Fixed a few issues with Virtual Running and workouts
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes
  • Psychological reasons (see it switching to Maintaining, Detraining.... which really isn't true...), what you mentioned, etc...

• Fot thar you can use trail run app which doesnt calculat your vo2max. I am doing it all the time (running in forests, sandy trails etc). 

• Yeah I do that as well which is why I thought of this as one possibility, I guess pressing "pause" though allows you to do a workout without having to choose trail running (like the example I proposed of an OCR).

• It's because if you stop training for 2 weeks or even 4 weeks because you finished a target race or because you are injured the watch will show you being "unproductive" and other negative updates. This makes people feel bad when they've had to dial back due to injury. So the pause is made to simply stop those updates since you aren't actually doing worse you are purposefully dialing back training. They want the training status to reflect your actual training when are you are trying to improve which isn't always the case 24/7. Makes sense to me. Not all will use it.

• But it doesn't actual "pause" anything it just mutes all the notifications about it.  That's fine, I guess I am just more calloused than most in that I can ignore most of the nonsense the watch spits out at me.

• They want the training status to reflect your actual training when are you are trying to improve which isn't always the case 24/7

This feature addition has perfect timing for me as I just learned today I have to have my knee "scoped".  My only question is will my training status pick up where I left off when paused when I start training again, or will I just start over with "no status"?  If it's just a "mute button",  I really don't see a need for it.

I guess I am just more calloused than most in that I can ignore most of the nonsense the watch spits out at me.

Based on your comment I'd think you'd love the new feature too.  You can pause it and leave it that way.  Now you won't have any of the information you find to be nonsense displayed ever again.  A win-win situation that works for all.

• Based on your comment I'd think you'd love the new feature too.  You can pause it and leave it that way.  Now you won't have any of the information you find to be nonsense displayed ever again.  A win-win situation that works for all.

Thanks for the speculation on my opinion.

• Update on earlier point noted:  My sensors got turned "off" again before my run this morning.  Again it was only the non-Garmin sensors that got turned off (my Tempe and my Varia Radar were still shown as "searching").

• I can't still set my old data fields for running, cycling and swimming. I just can set one of them and every time I try to add a new one, and put it in the first spot, the field appears empty, and then it's replaced by a timer. Any trick to fix it?