This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 SW 5.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile pending rollout. 

Change log

• Added support for FE-C and Smart Trainer control. See options in Bike Indoor activity.
  • Added support for workout videos. The video files can be downloaded via Garmin Express or over WiFi. These videos will display when using an MSN workout that supports them. Download MSN workouts through Garmin Connect.
  • Added support for displaying courses to viewers of the user's LiveTrack sessions. Various other LiveTrack improvements
  • Added in-place editing of data fields
  • Added the Pause Training Status feature. Allows the user to suppress some training status feedback phrases and trends. Access the options from the Training Status widget menu or within Garmin Connect.
  • Added additional options to Live Event Sharing. Triggers added for Every Mile and Transitions (allowing for multisport use)
  • Numerous improvements to music experience, usability, and WiFi
  • Improved Incoming Call handling
  • Fixed problem with device spinning/freezing on activity save due to unintentional file build-up. Note: device will need to sync to Garmin Connect after software update to resolve this issue
  • Fixed problem where certain user's maps took an excessive amount of time to load on boot and were generally sluggish in use
  • Greatly improved Around Me search times
  • Updated numerous widgets to improve usability and look
  • Fixed inability of device to record longest swim PR
  • Moved Recovery HR to option on save/discard screen
  • Updated post-activity summary pages
  • Improvements to segments handling
  • Improvements/fixes for on-device weather. Fix instances of missing data.
  • Improvements to phone connectivity
  • Fixed HRV stress page layout
  • Fixed a few issues with Virtual Running and workouts
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes
  • Got the update now, so probably rollout is more than 20% already :) 

• In my case it was the watchface. It had a battery monitor. I changed it to the standard one. Now everything is fine. And reboot ofc.

Btw Besides that the update is really rocking. Boot up is way faster. 

Map loading feels 10times faster than before.

• I would like to add something that I noticed during the last beta 4.87. After successful installation I did a hard reset, when I switch it on again it looks like something is going to be installed again, I got the message Firmware updated to 5.00 again.

Perhaps the users who have problems after the update should do this?

• Can confirm that a restart solved the battery issue for me. And I also received the update notification on my watch after restart.

all is well in the world once again

• Update has been absolute money so far.  I love the new menus; I always thought it was goofy the gyrations to get back to the clock after finishing an activity.  Battery is great so far, everything's nice and fast, the watch finally feels "finished" IMO.  My wife's just PO'ed that her 945 can't get the update yet, LOL!  The update process for this one was goofy.  I plugged it in, sync'ed, updated to 5.0, and then had to plug it BACK in after the watch updated to 5.0 and it fished a sensor update (what sensor, I have no idea) from Garmin, then that update ran.  Oh, and it updated a bunch of maps too.  Was quite the process.  Worth it, though, looking forward to seeing how the battery holds up during a full weekend's worth of activities!

• You don't have to reconfigure your watch. Just reset it like described here: www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-FE7137DB-B929-4BD6-B76F-EC5E27AD50B3.html everything will remain as it was.

• My initial impressions:

• Maybe I don't get it, but the Recovery HR being on a separate screen doesn't get me anything. Before it took about 2 minutes for it to automatically show, which also served as a nice automatic 2 minute timer (for cool-down walking). What was the purpose of moving it to a separate screen and requiring extra button pushes?
    • I'd be ok with the new Recover HR screen (though see above) if it would allow me to save this information :-/ I really would like this information. Please, please consider saving this information with all of the rest.
    • Nice to have the interface refresh and also the widgets look more sleek :)
    • Map loads about the same speed

Thank you for the updates, it is appreciated (even if the feedback isn't always 100% positive).

• Maybe I don't get it, but the Recovery HR being on a separate screen doesn't get me anything. Before it took about 2 minutes for it to automatically show, which also served as a nice automatic 2 minute timer. What was the purpose of moving it to a separate screen and requiring extra button pushes?

Someone said in the beta thread that people were complaining if you pause and then needed two presses to continue with that screen, so I kind of understand that, but still the change is something I don't get it.. It's really pain in the *** now.

I emailed my suggestions to them in Beta-phase:
    "New recovery HR style is pain in the ***, much much more clicks needed! Maybe some has requested that the popup does not come automatically, but now this is horrible. Some ideas how to make it better:
    - Option to settings how that is handled (old or new way)
    - Recovery HR & Save.. Saves after recovery hr is done and it’s shown in the summary screens.
    - Recovery HR screen would have one button for save after showing like start to save, back to return."

• Ah .. thanks.  I guess I see the 'complaint' re pausing, but pausing to me is rather rare, whereas *everyone* stops their activity at some point, so everyone has to deal with this.

The current 'solution' is no improvement, it's worse.

I do like your suggestion of an option to select how this is handled. Actually, I'm on board with a 3 of your suggestion, in the order shown would be my preference (and having it visible on the summary screen in the Connect app)

• I guess I see the 'complaint' re pausing, but pausing to me is rather rare, whereas *everyone* stops their activity at some point,

And especially pausing for longer than 2 minutes. Then it's more probably that I want to select "Resume later", as the default inactivity action is "Save", which in my opinion should be "Resume later".

And yes, they should show that recovery HR in watch, app, web and etc, history graphs and so on.. more data! :)