This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 wifi synchronization

Hi,

recently I encountered some problems with the synchronization via wifi. When I try to synchronize, it says "synchronization failed". When I connect the watch to Garmin Express the synchronization via wifi works again, but only until the point I start and save an activity. After this it does not work again.

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance!

• Today again, SYNC FAILED every time on both devices, with 3 different Internet providers (home Internet, Orange hotspot, T-Mobile hotspot).

• Same here, I get "sync failed" message for a couple of days now.

• The failure doesn't have to be an upload, it could be a download to the watch as well (CPE file with GPS almanac for instance). I remember something similar with either the 945 or 935 in the past. There is likely nothing wrong with your watch and no amount of resetting will make a difference.

• I had some time today and I tried to sort some light of this... No way!

- I can't sync with any Wifi network. I added and removed it from Express, from 945... no chance. After connecting -> "Sync Failed"

I know it connected because my phone shows the new active connections.

Using Spotify App, that was when I started noticed the problem.

- I removed and added Spotify, same problem.

- Using my phone wifi hotspot I can add podcast episodes, musics and playlists (from Spotify)

- Using home network I can add musics and playlists (from Spotify) but podcast episodes always fail halfway through.

I can't understand the problem or what's causing this, 

Fortunately I can use the phone hotspot to sync music and podcasts, and I never sync the other things by wifi, I always use BT.

But this is a very odd problem. My 945 always synced from any of my home or phone network.

BTW I rebooted the watch several times along my tests, but also no changes to the problem.

• There is likely nothing wrong with your watch and no amount of resetting will make a difference.

Yep, I agree. This seems be more like that one API fails during the sync, or is just broken. Or even they have somehow updated the API but not the watch.

And if someone would like to know what happens, I would say, do a MITM attack for the watch talking to Garmin servers and sniff the traffic and you will be smarter.. or just let Garmin to solve this some day.

• Hi all,

Same problem here with my Forerunner 945 in Australia. 

Like everyone here, my device won't sync directly from WiFi and will come up with a 'sync failed' red error, but works just fine when syncing via Bluetooth through my phone. 

How do we advise Garmin of this issue?

• won't sync directly from WiFi

What doesn't sync? I got the sync failed, but the activity synced ok and was after the sync and popped also to Strava.

Has anyone in this thread mentioned anything that doesn't sync? That might be able to tell what is failing, as now it seems like that the problem is just that it says failed, but still sync everything correctly. 

• The weight doesn't sync from GC to the device. It seems that data can be uploaded from device to GC, but can't be downloaded from GC to the device.

• The weight doesn't sync from GC to the device.

Ok.. And now that I think it might have not synced new course to the watch via WiFi. I was going and I thought I had it, but no, and then used GCM to sync.

So uploading sync data seems to work, but not downloading. 

• Former Member or colleagues, is my assumption correct that you actively keep track of this forum, and take action when multiple people signal the same problem? If so, any insights from your side?
    Many thanks in advance!