This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 wifi synchronization

Hi,

recently I encountered some problems with the synchronization via wifi. When I try to synchronize, it says "synchronization failed". When I connect the watch to Garmin Express the synchronization via wifi works again, but only until the point I start and save an activity. After this it does not work again.

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance!

• Same here since Thursday/Friday... Trying to solve I removed and reinstalled the wifi setting, but to no avail.
    Syncing via cable of via the bluetooth/phone works without issue. So I expect no issues in the .fit files stored on the 945.

• I tried the same. Also I deleted the watch in Garmin Express and Garmin Connect and added it again, but to no avail. It is strange that it says that the syncing failed but the activity appears nevertheless in Garmin Connect. Maybe a hard reset might help? But I'd like to try to avoid that.

• What I noticed today is that despite the message that the synchronization failed is that e.g. step count & HR are nevertheless synced to the central server. Next step is to see whether an activity is synced anyway.

My guess is -as we experience both this issue- that somewhere in the "garmin DC's" a webservice/sub process needs to be restarted and that the error is not with our watches...

• Yes the same here. Step count, HR, activity etc. is synced despite of the message that the syncing failed. And when I sync it with Garmin Express the message does not appear until I save the next activity. I also hope that the error is not with the watch. 

• Me too, from Italy. 

The oddity is that the message says synchronization failed, but instead all the data is correctly saved !!.
    They do it to keep us trained for their oddities !!

• Hi, the same on my 945 and Fenix 5S Plus of my wife since 1st of July. I always get an info: SYNCHRONIZATION FAILED and red cross. But after this when I check data in Garmin Connect mostly all seems to be synchronized, for sure weight from Garmin Index Scale is not synchronized to the watch (but from scale to Garmin Connect is synchronized correctly). So scale has no problem, only watches. I tried to remove WiFi networks, tried to add them from watch directly, via Connect Mobile, via Garmin Express and still the same.

• Same issue with me here. Wi-Fi Sync since today shows up as “Failed”. Sync through Bluetooth on iPhone seems to sync ok. As others have said...most metrics seem to be syncing ok but an activity that I recorded on my Edge 1030+ ( and synced ok into Garmin Connect)  has not synced back to my 945. 

• Same problem on 645M for a week, synchronization failed but all data have been transferred, while using Bt everything is ok

• Same problem with my FR945.
    I even tried hard reset, but it did not fix a problem.

• From about noon it works for me again. Green mark for every sync via WiFi.