This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No news on 4.41 successor?

Beta 4.41 has been out for a while now but so far no indication of a new, stable/final firmware... I understand there is the Covid-19 issue so just wondering if all development is halted or should we expect a new firmware (final or beta) anytime soon...

Thanks in advance,

• I hope they are working on merging the two firmware revisions (Fenix 6 and Forerunner 945). Slight smile

• Ok, in the last days/weeks there was a new Fenix and updates for most all Garmin products (even the MK1 received updates!) so if FR945 has any hope I would guess we should expect a new update in the next few days/week... Keep your fingers crossed!

• Fenix gets updates all the time Slight frown 

• True. But with new watches released and even more Fenix firmwares recently launched maybe Garmin will finally noticed that FR945 is running way behind and needs a but more attention! 

• I've just realized that this is completely my fault that there're no more firmware updates to FR945. I don't know how, but I always tend to be pretty unlucky in one thing - if I buy any electronic device which is flashable and is considered to get some aftermarket support for some long period, this device stops to receive any updates shortly, and if the moon is in its worst phase - the device even becomes discontinued. I should better never buy FR945, as at this moment it might already have the sleep tracking widget with FirstBeat analytics. Sorry, guys.

• Hahahaha!!! Get a Fenix 6 Pro Solar!! This will probably end the curse!

• When I started this thread I was hoping that a new update was coming soon but this never happened.

I am starting to think that FR945 is Garmin's version for Microsoft Windows Vista! A product so bad that they stopped developing earlier to focus in it's successor, pretty much starting from scratch!

• Fenix has always been the line with more frequent updates, forerunner with fewer and stabler...

Anyway, what are the main issues still there? I mean, I always like a software update but can't say I'm missing or bugged by anything (apart from perhaps power modes). atm.

• Former MemberIt would be really nice to get a comment on this topic. Last beta is more than 3 months old and didn't make it into a stable version. Any news (even if it's "there won't be any new version") is better than no news. I'm quite happy with my 945, no problems, no abnormal battery drain. But it would be interesting for many users if there are any plans to bring some new features or fix the known problems. Even my Fenix 3HR received a new version some time ago.

• i'd enlist myself for power modes, workout videos (honestly, i would use them) and the new sleep tracking