This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 SW 4.10 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Add new Virtual Run activity profile. This enables broadcast of speed and heart rate information to virtual running applications such as Zwift.
  • Add Widget Glances, a new way to view widget information. The option to enable is found in the Widgets menu.
  • Add Low Heart Rate to the Abnormal Heart Rate Alert feature.
  • Various improvements for battery performance.
  • Fix an issue that was causing loss of treadmill calibration data. For best results, perform an outdoor run before your first treadmill activity.
  • Improvements to breathworks
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
  • Yes, but i have to do it by my self. That's why i wish me a scheduler.

• One thing not working properly after the upgrade is the activity's map overview on the summary screen. The white background was not there before - a sample here: Map not displaying properly

• Thank you for this fast update cycle.

Please also look into altimeter readings, as yesterday I experienced situation that my start/end height differed by almost 20m (start was reported higher than end despite being the same place). 

• I think this one was true even before this upgrade. Despite FR945 having the maps with elevation data (please correct me if I'm wrong), I quite often seem to be running through great depressions like the one here: great depression despite starting ~10 above sea level, what is not true :-) The overall elevation changes (contour) are probably fine, but the watch somehow seems to adjust the starting elevation by some random number.

Not sure why would it be happening, since after getting the GPS fix it should be extremely precise due to the in-built data.

• Hi Garmin team!

Can you please fix barometer jumps after a swimming pool activity?

• Former Member Thank you, man! We criticise a lot, but really appreciate every update and every bug fixed.

• I thought by your post you were already connected by Bluetooth at night and getting the same elevation readings each morning.  I assumed the DEM was wrong for your location.  This is good then. Yes, keep a Bluetooth connection during your sleep hours.  This is the only way calibrate not during activity works.  There seems to be a misunderstanding in the community about calibrate while not in activity.  Many believe it will do so 24/7 when not in an activity. This is incorrect. It only does this calibration during your set sleep window. 

• Every GPS I've ever owned is far more accurate on the x and y axis than the z axis.  I don't remember enough trigonometry to figure out why, but I suspect that it's due to the geometry of the satellites vs. the Earth's surface.

• Is it after an activity (also when you are not in a pool) or is it after swimming?
    It it is the later, its normal. The water pushes on the pressure sensor and the readout will jump. There is no way to fix it, it will happen to all watches with electronic barometers. It also happened with every Fenix since F1 for example.

• its because the GPS system is much more precise in x and y because this is the precision which is needed for navigating. In Z, it can be off by 100m without any problems (I didn't look the numbers up).  This is why watches nowadays have barometric sensors build in.