This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 SW 4.10 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Add new Virtual Run activity profile. This enables broadcast of speed and heart rate information to virtual running applications such as Zwift.
  • Add Widget Glances, a new way to view widget information. The option to enable is found in the Widgets menu.
  • Add Low Heart Rate to the Abnormal Heart Rate Alert feature.
  • Various improvements for battery performance.
  • Fix an issue that was causing loss of treadmill calibration data. For best results, perform an outdoor run before your first treadmill activity.
  • Improvements to breathworks
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
  • Does only broadcast ANT+ but most users require Bluetooth for use with Zwift in connection with a portable device

• Yes but only via an Ant+ signal. The new virtual run broadcasts it as a Bluetooth signal which is what I require. 

• Hi thanks for your reply yes I had activated on the option not in activity. Should I turn that option off?

• That's up to you.  If you leave it on you're going to get the 1580m every morning, because for some reason your phone is saying you're at "X" location and the DEM files has this location at 1580m.    If you turn it off, you'll get the normal drift that comes with using a barometric altimeter and the readings can be better or even worse.   Either way in your case you're going to have to manually calibrate.  I would just leave it on and adjust the elevation each morning to 1530m.  It's to bad DEM is off for you.  My elevation is spot on and recalibrated nightly to that same elevation.

• Hi Former Member I keep seeing references to being able to force the download with Garmin Express or mobile, but nothing happens when i plug it in and sync or do it over wi-fi. Am I missing something?

Also, when is the estimated time to 100% rollout?

Thanks for the great work!

• If you can't get it after it's been rolled out to 100% then you can start being concerned. Simply put, you are probably not in that 50% just yet.

• Funny joke, but i'm referencing the fact that Garmin consistently writes "This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile." which would imply that if I didn't want to wait for the staged rollout, then I could automatically download it to my watch. Not sure what's preventing them from adopting the same approach to these updates as the betas and letting me just put it on my watch. It's a bit backward no? 

• Funny joke, but i'm referencing the fact that Garmin consistently writes "This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile."

And immediately above says 

Phased Rollout 50% - Forerunner 945 SW 4.10

Which changes as it rolls out to increasing numbers.

which would imply that if I didn't want to wait for the staged rollout,

which you have taken to imply that you didn't 't have to wait but I don't take that to mean anything more than it says.

Not sure what's preventing them from adopting the same approach to these updates as the betas and letting me just put it on my watch

This has been discussed elsewhere. It's likely because few users load the beta software (I have no idea how many as a percentage of owners just a guess) but everyone has automatic access to the public updates and that could place stress on their servers.

And as some would say - 'be careful what you wish for'. It won't be too long before we get complaints that "4.10 broke my watch. It's not good enough. This should not happen to a watch that cost me XXXX dollars. I want this fixed NOW!"

• However my phone at night is always in airplane mode do you think that might be the problem?