This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pool swim workout countdown timer no alert

I regularly plan my pool swim workouts in Garmin Connect and schedule them in my training calendar. Today I noticed in the pool that in case of repeated intervals with fix rest times the watch neither gave the usual beep sound nor was it vibrating to let me know that the rest is over and the next interval had been started. It just suddenly switched back from the rest screen to the next interval screen after the rest countdown timer was over. I am now on beta 4.06. I am sure it was not the case in previous firmware versions. However, I am not sure which was the last firmware it worked properly in. It was vibrating and giving a long beep sound for sure when the countdown reached zero and the next interval started. I tried more custom workouts and the bug turned up with each of them, even with ones that I swam earlier without any issues. I also rebooted my device to see if it helps, but nothing has changed.

Could you guys check whether your devices suffer from this bug too? I think it is related to the new beta firmware, but maybe it is also present in earlier firmwares. Thank you!

• Since this is mostly a user community, your chance of making sure that Garmin actually is aware of this problem is to send them an email like stated in the description of the Beta.

For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.

forums.garmin.com/.../forerunner-945-beta-4-06-is-available

• Thank you for the suggestion. I have already sent an e-mail about the problem to the Beta developer team. I hope they received it and will fix the problem. I posted here because I was interested in other experiences. In the meantime I was able to do a test on a Fenix 6 with the new 6.0 firmware and the problem is present there as well. I also noticed that the problem only occurs in case of repeated intervals with 1 item. When adding more than 1 steps to a repeat block (which is a relatively new option), the alert fires properly. So it seems to be a problem related to regular "one step per repeat block" items only.

• Hi, I noted something like you, but my countdown starts 5 sec before new start,  "bip...bip...bip...bip...bip" and it starts (without the long vibration at 0 sec.). I have 4.00 yet.

• Exactly. The "bip...bip...bip...bip...bip" sequence is working, but after that there is no vibration or sound. :( I hope this bug will soon be fixed.

• I see this same issue and sent an email to the support team and got the response that "In researching the current 4.00 functionality it is not possible to change the alert setting for those repeat intervals."

never got any feedback that it would be added to an issue list.  Thanks for the beta link below, will send an email to that address.

• Thank you for sharing this. I hope Garmin will fix it soon, as, in my opinion, swim workout is an essential feature in a triathlon watch.

• I have a Fenix 6X but found this thread when searching for information about this problem. It looks like it happened in the recent Fenix 6 firmware update and since the firmware for the 945 is very similar it's probably the same bug in both watches. I emailed the Fenix 6 beta team to report it so hopefully that'll get more people working on it and find a fix for both watches.

• The problem is still present in the latest (4.10) firmware. Disappointed I hope it will be addressed in the next release. 

• This bug seems to be addressed in the new beta 4.29. I have to further test it, but my first tests show that the alert fires as expected again, so the bug seems to be fixed now. What is your experience? (Even if you cannot test it in pool, it is worth to try it out.)

• However, I noticed a new bug. Disappointed If you create a repeated interval with more than one item, and you write a comment to each of them, the watch shows only the last comment. The comments of the other items in the interval are not displayed. Could you guys check if you experience the same? Thank you in advance! Slight smile