This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is the button issue resolved now?

After receiving a 945 a couple of months ago and seeing reports here of buttons not clicking that the up and down buttons on mine were quite squishy.

i didn't see much point exchanging at the time as replacements looked to be the same or worse.

Wondering at this stage if the issue has been fixed 100% or is it still current on new ones as otherwise this one is working ok.

For me the down button clicks if left a couple of seconds between pushes while the up button never clicks.

i'd like to know I'm getting one that's better before swapping otherwise it's not worth the inconvenience. 

I'm in Australia if that makes any difference to the batches being sent out. 

• I'm interested to hear of your outcome dealing with Garmin Australia. And what revision the replacement is. Wish you luck. 

• I am really confused.  I bought the 945 the day it came out in the USA and my box says Rev. A.  I have had mushy buttons, namely the start/stop button, but just dealt with it.  Now seeing this post and Garmin correcting this issue and asking to send in this watch for a replacement, I did just that.  I chatted with Garmin USA online and they setup a return for me - I had them charge my credit card so the new watch would come ASAP.  I just received this new watch now and the box says Rev. A (!!).  How could that be?  The weird thing is that the DOWN button is the music icon, so it did obviously change.  I will say that the start/stop button on this new watch is better and clicks, but why didn't I get Rev. D?  Former Member -- can you advise here?  I wanted the newest version of this watch so that the button issue would be fixed!! 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to MrJakey
    The weird thing is that the DOWN button is the music icon, so it did obviously change

I also got my 945 day 1 US release (May 1st) which was a Rev A.  The DOWN button was the music icon out of the box on mine.

• That’s normal for the down button to open music if held down.

www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-F04730B5-B214-4E08-AA64-61D1C197F35F.html

• The 945 bundle I received a couple months ago is a Rev A., and....... no problems at all with any of the buttons...  Music icon too.

Not all watches have bad buttons.

• Just checking -- there are actually two part numbers and revisions on the box.  The one on the back panel at the very bottom is the one on my box that says Rev D and appears to be the watch revision.  The other one is on the bottom panel of the box and on my box that one says Rev A still.  Which revision marking are you looking at?

My down button on my original Rev A watch was the double arrow, and my Rev D watch has the music icon, like yours.

Another possibility is perhaps you received a refurbished watch, which is why you have the newer button icon?

• PLEASE READ THIS!

I have figured this out.  The "Rev" means nothing (A/B/C/D).  Perhaps Former Member can clarify exactly what the Rev. means, but what matters is the PRODUCTION DATE.  So I got this watch the day it came out - Rev. A on the box, NO music icon on the actual DOWN button.  Had mushy buttons.  Went through Garmin Support last week and received a NEW replacement.  Box also said Rev. A so I was confused why that was.  But I will say the actual watch was much better - buttons were not mushy and of course the DOWN button icon is now the music icon, which means it has to be "newer" than my original.  So I just spoke with Garmin Support - the rep didn't know anything about "Rev" but she asked for my barcode # - I gave it to her and she said that had a production date of Sep 26 which is the date Garmin said this issue with the mushy buttons was fixed.  So again, the BARCODE (serial #) is what matters, not the "Rev".  If in doubt, speak to support, give them your serial number and ask them what date your watch was produced.  If it was Sep 26 or after, this mushy button issue was apparently fixed.  Of course I will have to see if these clicky buttons last, but so far, so good.

• If you want to receive the watch FIRST, you have to give them your CC so they can charge you for it.  Then when you ship your old watch back, they will issue you a refund on your CC.  That is what I did.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to MrJakey

Excellent info.

• I just get my watch on THU, so dissapointed with the all 3 buttons on the left hand side

feel like need double click. I will contact the malaysia dealer to get a replacement.

btw this one also happen on fenix 6 series?