This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is the button issue resolved now?

After receiving a 945 a couple of months ago and seeing reports here of buttons not clicking that the up and down buttons on mine were quite squishy.

i didn't see much point exchanging at the time as replacements looked to be the same or worse.

Wondering at this stage if the issue has been fixed 100% or is it still current on new ones as otherwise this one is working ok.

For me the down button clicks if left a couple of seconds between pushes while the up button never clicks.

i'd like to know I'm getting one that's better before swapping otherwise it's not worth the inconvenience. 

I'm in Australia if that makes any difference to the batches being sent out. 

• I guess this is the fairest thing to do. I got a replacement due to the faulty buttons a month ago but this new unit has the problem too. Super mushy buttons. I didn´t go to the store to ask for a new replacement because it implies a month without the watch, but if Garmin find a design flaw and "renew" future 945, I want a new unit with all buttons working properly. 

Hope Garmin advice every first buyers.

• Looking through the coments and as I expected mixed outcomes. 

It would seem there has been not sure fire fix and a bit of a lottery if exchanged whether the replacement ends up better or stays better than the one sent back. No inconvenience  for Garmin just the customer while they wait for the replacement without any watch.

Seems to me that Garmin need to come to the party and admit the watches they sold were defective and offer a better solution than " Try this one and see how it goes" The "We have made changes........" doesnt say the button issue is fixed just that changes have been made.

Garmin need to check each and and every watch before sending for this common issue. To sell a defective product is bad enough but for a replacement to be bad also is inexcusable. 

Thanks for the coments everyone and keep them coming. 

• have you tried the battery widget? i'm at around 0.36% / hour (wifi / pulseox off, bt sync on, backlight at a minimum with 8sec active on button press, garmin stock watch face) - i'm pretty much ok with that. regarding the buttons i still don't know if i should wait a bit more or not; overall my buttons are not that bad, but i fear they'll get worse in time

• Yes I am using the battery widget. With your settings above except for wifi (mine is enabled) I am getting around 1.6% / hr. Bluetooth seems to be the problem on my watch. If I turn bluetooth off and reset the watch by holding the light button down the battery consumption drops down to about 0.4%. As soon as I turn bluetooth on, even just once temporarily to sync with the phone the watch gets stuck in the high drain rate until I do a reset.

• So will the replacement devices definitely have no button issues? Would be good news so I can exchange mine.

• ok...try disabling the bluetooth on your phone and see it the drain persists

• The latest 3.08 beta Garmin claim may help with Bluetooth battery drain. 

• Can anyone who has gone through the process for a new version confirm button issues are resolved now please?

• Hi Former Member

Is this known to all support departments worldwide and is it indeed the "D" Rev I should expect to ask for and receive? My up and down buttons are super mushy.

Stefan

• I don't like installing betas but I will monitor the forum for other user's feedback on the bluetooth fix in 3.08. It is like my watch gets stuck in some sort of loop causing massive drain whenever I do a bluetooth sync. Only a hard reset and not using bluetooth stops the drain.